wat do u think about microsoft...

D

DeepBlade

well... i can really see the monopoly trend now, no joke, b4, i used to use word perfect, u know, in the olden days where they came in disks. Today, I use nothing but office xp, back in those days, i used to use ICQ, and just today, i installed and am using the leaked beta of msn 5.0, and never plan to run icq again, for alota reasons, doesn't crash, takes up less ram (3 mb compared to 15 mb for icq), the ads show on the main window, not your chat or message windows, and it loads a lot faster.... and now i'm hearing alota news about netscape/AOL suing microsoft for their IE monopoly, back in those days, it was 50/50, today it's something like 90% IE, 7% netscape, and 3% other..

so.... what do u guys think about this monopoly....?

I do agree that Mircosoft is a monopoly. But a bigger question is: What could you do about it? Now that Windows is a *cough* standard, its kinda hard to shut them down. The best that people could do is limit what they could sell. Or my favorite suggestion, make Windows open source. I think that as long as Microsoft dose't let it go to their head's and everyone keeps a close eye on Microsoft products that the quality sould stay about the same, and the biggest problem will be keeping the prices from reflection a monopoly.

Microsoft

With M$ new corporate pricing structure, I can hear a thousand penquins walking toward corporate america! Be ready and learn a little Linux on the side.

I'm already making Tux get along with Microsoft - duel boot system.

I believe Msoft is a monopoly BUT I also believe that they have some great products on the market. I think that having their code go public would be both good and bad. It would be good because it would force some competition and possibly lower prices on OS's that would be offered (I'm sure there are many more good points...but hey, i'm at work...:D). It could also be bad because then there would be various "models" of windows out there and if you think bugs are bad now with games and appz I can't imagine how it would be if we had 5 different versions of Windows XP out there.

my two cents

nosaj

I have No Problems with a product that works and gives compatability with most other people. Unlike my IT dept. who are anti MSoft. Although they use 95 on all PCs but the make us use Sun Office crap . Not compatable with any of our customers.

Regarding chat i use trillian coz it allows you to use all of the main chat things from one place . good stuff:D

Hey shouldnt this be in GD:) oh well
TO many damn service packs and patches but, their okay in my book

pricing could be a bit better... but I have no serious problems with microsoft... people generally use their products and decide if they want to continue... like the lawsuits brought out by so-called self-styled monopolu makers like AOL ? ah puhlease... make a better product... people will use it... netscape sucks goats bullocks...

microsoft DOES have one problem... they TRY to make everything so snazzy and stuff... I could live with a kewl interface without a billion animations... but as long as there are ways to turn it off I am more than happy...

:D

my 2 cents? I am satisfied with microsoft... now only if some of their products were more stable...

I have been using almost all the flavors of Microsofts Windows Operating Systems, and I can say they have really gone a long way in terms of compatability and ease of use. The new windows xp is a great Edition for people who just want to get into computers with its fast and easy interface. I can't stand though that microsoft tries to change the market instead of going along with it. For instance: they don't want to use MP3's they want to make their own technology, as well as Coronas not wanting to use mpeg-4. Microsoft should embrace other peoples works instead of giving only credit to their own employees. I think it would be great if Microsoft had its source code available. It would be a lot more tighter community and things would actually work much better.:D

Simply put, Microsoft rocks. I would love to work for them; I'd be driving my Viper around, for sure.

Microsoft is just the leader of their industry as Verizon, eBay, AOL, General Motors, etc. are.

Now sure, MS has more of a lock, but the other companies named above play the same dirty game.

If it wasn't for Microsoft, in my opinion, the computer age would be nothing compared to what it is today, and it would probably still be a 'toddler'.

truely, especially now with XP

an addition to my comment about icq vs msn
msn is making icq look like a try-hard
look at these WICKED features!!

i want to:

"invite someone to this chat", with icq, u'd have connection problems and it opens up some lagging ram eating window (back in those days it was alota ram)

"start white board", this originated from netmeeting it was so fun just playing tic tac toe for the hell of it! :p

"ask for remote assistance", haven't tried this yet, but really useful

"browse the web together", WOW!!!!!!

and icq??? it has all that junk since the beginning that no one uses, so hard to find the smallest settings, who even uses that search engine at the bottom of icq???? jeez

Originally posted by DeepBlade
truely, especially now with XP

an addition to my comment about icq vs msn
msn is making icq look like a try-hard
look at these WICKED features!!

i want to:

"invite someone to this chat", with icq, u'd have connection problems and it opens up some lagging ram eating window (back in those days it was alota ram)

"start white board", this originated from netmeeting it was so fun just playing tic tac toe for the hell of it! :p

"ask for remote assistance", haven't tried this yet, but really useful

"browse the web together", WOW!!!!!!

and icq??? it has all that junk since the beginning that no one uses, so hard to find the smallest settings, who even uses that search engine at the bottom of icq???? jeez

Right on!! :D

Have you at all tried ICQ 2002? It uses roughly the same amount of RAM as MSN; they've managed to tighten the code a lot since 2000/1. It's hard to go past offline messaging as well.

That said, I use MSN most of the time.

true say.... about offline msging
u'd hafta e-mail them and they'd hafta go check their e-mail

and then there's also history.... which u can check back msges, and more to offer in the 'info' part.... but i think msn plus can do all that can't it?

uuuuuhhhhhhh.... i guess these messanging programs really fluxuate... before, it was icq - 15 mb, msn - 3 mb

now it's -icq - 4 mb, msn - 7 mb ???????
(msn 5.0, icq 2002a)

Trillian Rocks

You can Chat to people over all Chat channels through one interface

including AIM ICQ MSN IRC YaHoo with all the features

gotta be a good thing :D

and it's skinnable. even better

i heard about that from a few friends, they say it's good

hhhmmmm.... and i also found a really good icon of it... hhmmm.... i'll try it if i have time

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back