Warner Bros. Picks Blu-Ray Over HD-DVD

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Warner Bros. Picks Blu-Ray Over HD-DVD[/FONT]

Down to 2 left in the HD-DVD camp

I think that was the swing vote right there Blu_ray will prevail.

Last edited:
I still believe the consumer to have lost the "war" and that a 3rd format will eventually prevail when the average consumer is "forced" to go HD. :)

This is possible ... a 3rd format ... there is also the hd-dvd/blu_ray hybrid players that will hit the market

So Sony hasn't won quite yet? Pity. :lick:

And in the back of their minds a little voice keeps saying, "Betamaaaaaax, Betamaaaaaax." :p

If we get some decent upgrades to our broadband infrastructure, we could just use that for streaming all our entertainment.

The HD DVD group is canceling its CES press conference; tail severely between legs over today's explosive news that Warner -- the last "undecided" studio -- was going to the other side and doing Blu-ray discs exclusively. We're not sure if that's because the HD DVD group was in 11th hour negotiations with Warner or what, but the mood at that camp has to be beyond somber right now, so it's pretty hard to thump the tub when you've just been dealt a hard losing hand.​

Posted by Carpo in news ... seems this will have an effect on the outcome HD DVD has been dealt a blow here​
Now how long before Microsoft make a blu_ray player for the xbox360?

They should have done that a ways back it might have changed the numbers at a time when it was needed, I also read somewhere that Microsoft would make a blu-ray player for the Xbox 360 if they saw that the format war was lost...

I read they were already thinking about making a HD-DVD Xbox 360.

I don't think that if MicroSquish does do this that it will stem the tide. Plus this could be a bad thing if they do come out with the HD and it all goes to Blu-ray. Microsoft could wind up with their own version of the Betamax. And that could be very detrimental to the Xbox 360 and it's sales.

Now what would really be a suprise and the final nail is if after all the talk of going the HD way they do a complete about face and crank out a Blu-ray for the CES but I think that they don't have enough time for that. So maybe they don't show the Ultimate 360 at all? Hmmmmm, gonna have to wait n see.

Yeah huh. Might be interesting. Hey got the link? Too lazy right now to google. :p

They should have done that a ways back it might have changed the numbers at a time when it was needed ...
I would say both of them are a LONG way from winning anything, they are just battling to see who will be treading water longer.

Well considering that Warner Bros in the eyes of Toshida just stab the whole HD-DVD group in the back with this accouncement things aren't looking too good for HD-DVD.

I guess this also means WB's total HD DVD format is really dead since they've decided to support Blu-ray, also any new WB's dvd will be released first in regular DVD and Blu-Ray followed by the HD-DVD before they go to Blu-ray only.

Well I do think we need to end this stupid format debate between Blu-ray and HD-DVD but the question is how. Rumor has it M$ developed the codec used by both so kinda of odd they don't seem to back both if the rumor is true

HD-DVD vs Blu-ray...ha their biggest competitor is regular DVD. Go talk to uncle harry or your friend Joe at the gas station and they probably have no idea about "those really expensive dvd players that accept those new expensive discs"

There are so many problems with these format wars. Because as of right the format doesn't matter...we are techies but how many people in the general public really know the difference between the two and pretty much look at price when they purchase electronics. As long as DVDs are released for 19.99 or less and being played on regular 4:3 televisions this format war means nothing, (besides for us techies)

haha.. yeah.. but not better than clinton's last days :D

well we're all f****d if that happens, or it could help, one format, will have all the hackers all over it kicking the crap out of it so it can be backed up, we shall just have to wait and see what happens

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back