Warcraft3 and Detinators

S

Sux

I'm having problems with WC3 and any detinator driver newer than 23.11
All the others give me greef with the game menu.
28.32 - 30.82 give just a blank screen with sound
40.41 - 41.09 give blinking menu buttons.

The stock standard XP pro vid driver is the only other one that works.
Anyone else having problems with this game and more resent Det drivers? (the game is patched up to date)

i think those are the bug versions. if u wana get rid of the detnators reinstall.

Bug versions?
All of them work fine on every other game.
I did these tests with a spare harddrive I had with a fresh install of XP pro with DirectX8.1 and all the hardware drivers up to date.
Then I went though my detinator colection(7 in total) from oldest to newest uninstalling each one I tried ,as I went.
It was interesting that the problem changed with the 40.xx ones.
Stange.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. My warcraft either freezes or completely crashes my computer if I use any of the newer drivers other than the ones that came in the box.

In my case it has never frozen or crashed, the sound still goes in the back ground there is just a problem with the button textures
or no visuals at all ,pressing "esc "always takes it back to desktop
as it would if it was running properly .
Is 23.11 the only detinator that works for you too.
None of the Warcraft sites are any help so it can't be very common.

Ok I found a solution .
The game runs by default in Direct3D from another forum I found that if you change the shortcut path from say:

"C:\program files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe"

TO

"F:\program files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe" -opengl

the game runs in openGL mode and in my case the latest Det driver and I susect all the others work fine.
Hope this is of help to anyone it sure took me a while to get to the bottom of it.

same error here
my computer rebooted from the game 2 times and it is very slow to open a game online even in my computer
Pentium 4 1600 mhz
128 ram ddr
tnt 2 with det 42.01

hmm, tnt2 is a slow card. Try running in -opengl or even software texture and lighting.

my voodoo 3 couldn't run the game too well.

now with geforce 4 no problem....... :)

I'm running WCIII with 42.86 drivers without a hitch, using a GF4 ti4600. Working great in NFS:HP2 and Rallisport Challenge!

Anyway, I thought maybe you try the 42.86, after you unistall everything else.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back