Warcraft III locking up

S

Stalfos

I have been playing Warcraft on my current rig since it came out. Yesterday I tried to run it and just when it is about to start it would lock up. First thing I think it could be is the graphics card. I go and buy a new one but I am still getting the same thing. Thinking it is a screwed up Windows, I decide to reinstall windows, even do a low level format to get rid of absolutely everything. I have 2 hd's second of which I use for storage. I have mant things on there I dont want to lose so I unplug it and dont plug it back in until I am done with the install. I get XP running again and get all the newest drivers for all my stuff and decide to give Warcraft III a try again. As before it installs fine and everything but when I am about to play, it locks up again. I run a virus scan on both drives and even use the Data life guard floppy to check if there is anything wrong with my hd's but everything clears out clean. I decide to unplug my second hd and run Warcraft III and it runs fine now. I am guessing it is a conflict with my hd but I just cant find what the heck is wrong with it. All other games work fine except Warcraft. I am at my wits end fellas, if anybody could help me, it would really be appreciated. Thanks

So much effort for one game .. thought that ?
Maybe your save files exist one another partition on the second HDD .. You haven't specified on what drive is installed the OS and the game either :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back