War Of The Worlds

Evil Marge said:
Oh thanks egghead,that bloody Quicktime did take over the pc and I could not get rid of it. :rolleyes:
I'll give that alternative a go :up:
Your very welcome :D

Just watched the trailer again and I love the watching the explosions in te distance that look like lightning then all of a sudden Total Destruction!

Very eager to see this in summer 2005

I'd love to see it but my severe loathing of Mr Cruise is too strong :eek:

Evil Marge said:
Yeah they could have pick a much better actor. Who knows though he could surprise us. :)

On the topic of Quicktime. I see nothing wrong with it .. it's not like we are talking Realplayer or something here. I've never had a problem with it or have it "screw up my computer". It only takes filetypes you tell it to. All around I find it much better then most alternatives.

one problem i had was downloading mp3's from legit websites.
qicktime would open a white webpage and forcably play the song.
after uninstalling it i now had a white page when trying to download mp3's

I don't like quicktime and the fact that you cannot view the trailer in full screen angers me to the point of making apple pie.

and realplayer wastes my time by forcing me to signup to their website so i can view realplayer streams.

argh!!!!

whats this movie about? Does the world blow up or something?

egghead said:
one problem i had was downloading mp3's from legit websites.
qicktime would open a white webpage and forcably play the song.
after uninstalling it i now had a white page when trying to download mp3's

I don't like quicktime and the fact that you cannot view the trailer in full screen angers me to the point of making apple pie.

and realplayer wastes my time by forcing me to signup to their website so i can view realplayer streams.

argh!!!!
Should only happen if you have it set as your defualt player for mp3's. The same would happen with winamp ect. I have quicktime and it wants to open in iTunes for the fullscreen trailer which is odd. :)

Shame they changed intro voiceover (in both content and style - Richard Burton's voiceover is classic sci-fi!) Hope they don't change the theme music as well to some soulless, boring, pseudo rock/techno affair!

Dan

TittleBitties said:
whats this movie about? Does the world blow up or something?
Yes, the world bows up, but one human survives (actually its 2) and he's accompanied by this strange alien fellow with a book and a towel.....oh wait, that's not it :p

Alien Mine?

It's gonna be funny if it has a similar ending to the original movie... they are gonna say it copies signs... lol!

i was being serious about asking what it is about. I cant download the trailer cause its snowing and my connect is crap when it snows/rains.

TittleBitties said:
i was being serious about asking what it is about. I cant download the trailer cause its snowing and my connect is crap when it snows/rains.
Do a google, its one of the most famous sci-fi stories of all time!

In a nutshell -> Aliens from Mars invade Earth....thats it

its how martians started (I think?), anyway a book by HGWells (ala the time machine), was read by Orson Welles back in the 50's and people thought they were really being invaded by aliens.. the crazy bastards.

70's musical. 60's film? - the musical was scary I seem to remember when I listened to it as a seven year old.

Electronic Punk said:
was read by Orson Welles back in the 50's and people thought they were really being invaded by aliens.. the crazy bastards.
Was October 30th 1938 to be exact :p No I wasn't around at the time :rolleyes:

Evil Marge said:

I guess it really depends on what parts he plays, shown alot recently that he can play different parts. Also if you check the last credit screen you will see Tim Robbins is also in this movie.

egghead said:
never install quicktime. it will takeover your computer and control all the media files and really piss you off.
Use quicktime alternative ;)
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm
QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime files (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install the official QuickTime Player. It also supports QuickTime content that is embedded in webpages.[/url]

I am fine with Quicktime as it can be controlled and stay out the way, however you are right about Realplayer... nasty piece of crap, shame the BBC site uses it.

Electronic Punk said:
...people thought they were really being invaded by aliens.. the crazy bastards.
Yeah thats funny stuff. This was back before people listened to the radio for music though. It was mainly used for news/entertainment. Unfortantly ALOT of people believed 'War of the Worlds' to be the former. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back