WANTED: wireless router

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I am basically looking for a wireless router, preferably on the cheap and 802.11B or G only... preferably with a firewall...

@ the moment the best deal I have seen is this one

the deal

if anyone has an available product or a link to something in that price-range... feel free to drop in a hint here and expect a PM.. will check this tonite and tomorrow morning... :)

cheers for your help/assistance/information...

I was looking @ that but the reviews seem to be better for the d-link... and its a coupla bucks cheaper to boot :D

blink.gif

Netgear: Average Customer Review: 4/5 stars. Based on 540 reviews.
D-Link: Average Customer Review: 3/5 stars. Based on 31 reviews.

Doesn't really matter much though. You can't go wrong with either of them, and since the D-Link costs less right now, it's probably a better option anyway.
smile.gif

I don't base shopping decisions on amazon customer reviews :)

I'm looking round.. if nothing jumps out @ me in the next several hours I'll get the d-link or netgear (depending on mood @ the time)

Sazar said:
I don't base shopping decisions on amazon customer reviews :)

Hehe, me neither. I just thought you were referring to those reviews in your previous post.

Just don't buy a Lynksys... holes in them the size of airplanes. :p

yah I saw 2 news topics on it on the front page (yes we do indeed have one folks not in the know :eek: )

ta for heads-up anyways :)

gonaads said:
Just don't buy a Lynksys... holes in them the size of airplanes. :p
Only in some versions and mostly older ones (this time around) ;) All brands have issues now and again anyhoo.

Netgear ones, friends of mine have some of these and they like them
I have a DLink DWL 2000AP, which I like, cept if you havent got java/javascript setup properly then you cant use the web interface, which can be annoying

go with netgear (affordable and great)!!!!!! the one netryder suggested is the one i like too!

I would highly advise against going with a -b only wireless router is you plan on doing any kind of network x-fers. I want to toss my router out the window any time I do a network back up. I would definitely spend the extra cash and grab a -g or extreme g (g+ or whatever).

edit: btw, I have a D-Link DI-714

I shoulda probably updated this a while back :D

netgear

bought that thinger around 2 weeks ago :)

works great... simple to use... tiny footprint and really good reception round the apartment :D

total cost after rebates was only $19.99 and they actually dropped it off @ my door the next day :D

cheers though for the headsups..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back