WANTED: Chipped Xbox

LocKStocK

Smokin & Jokin
I'm looking for an X-box, chipped with the Xecutor 3.
Must be one out there somewhere!

mod it yourself! i recently bought an xbox and a xenium ICE mod chip (only 3 weeks ago!). i did a lot of research on xbox-scene.com, and i decided to get it modded form someone in my area. when someone on the forums told me to do it myself, i gave it a second thought, and i decided to mod it myself. sure it took me a long time since i'm relatively new to soldering, but i successfully modded my xbox on my first try. it isn't as difficult as you think, and to me the experience gained, and the satisfaction of doing it is well worth the time. if you have the time i highly reccomend doing it yourself. not to mention you save a bundle of money, money that could be used to buy a new hard drive for the xbox (which is what i did).

if you stilll want to buy one premodded you can try bmmods. their site is reliable and has good reviews. <edit> although i'm not sure it's gonna help since you're in the UK. <edit>

Thank you all for your help, this is great information!
I've found someone on freeads.co.uk that mods and sell xboxs for £100 each, modded with xecutor 3.

(btw, if you were to buy a chipped xbox....which model chip would you go for?)

well, a mod chip basically allows you to replace the default retail xbox bios which can only play signed code with another bios that will allow you to run unsigned code (basically anything you want). the functionality of most mod chips is exactly the same, the interface and installations are a bit different. i have a xenium ice and i love it, although you may want a xecuter 3. i would do more research on xbox-scene to figure out which one really suits your needs. it has comparisons, and the people on the forums are helpful. remember, when you get down to the nitty gritty, any mod chip should be able to run any bios. you can run the cromwell/evox/xecuter 2 bioses on any mod chip (this is fact). i'm not sure you can run the xecuter 3 bios on any mod chip though.

At the moment, its a choice between Xenium ice and xecutor 3.
Ill see if I can find any goin for cheap:) Cheers logistic **adds rep**

LocKStocK said:
Thank you all for your help, this is great information!
I've found someone on freeads.co.uk that mods and sell xboxs for £100 each, modded with xecutor 3.

(btw, if you were to buy a chipped xbox....which model chip would you go for?)

£100 sounds far to cheap for a modded xbox to me, the chip is about £50 a brand new xbox is £100....I would be weary, unless you can find other people to vouch for him/her.

The X3 is definately the best one out at the moment...wherever you get it from get them to put the 'Slayer disk' on, which has all the extras etc

OK does anybody have an xbox for sale?
I fancy having a go at chipping one myself! :)

I got one but i am US. Best place is ebay, i get the ones with bad dvd drives, and since i have like 4 around almost all the time, i just swtich it out and have a new one for like $60. its a great deal.

Still a bit too pricey on Ebay, Xbox 360 is out soon and I refuse to pay anything more than £70 for an old one.

I saw one for £50 the other day with 2 hours left on it, it is all about timing.

i have 2 of them. one with doritos and one with pringles. which would you like?

Yea :p

If anybody knows of a crystal xbox for sale, please let me know!
I will reward you with rep points and flaming hot cheetos!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back