Want Ram!!!!

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political Access
well the title pretty much says it all :D i want it for my Toshiba satalite
A30-141, it needs 200-pin SODIMM DDR PC2700, currenly it aparently has in it acording to aida32 2X256 sticks, and it only has 2 slots. this means it's gona be expensive :( i want to have 1024Mb in total minimum, what i would like to do is buy 1X1024 stick and replace one 256 stick to have 1280Mb in total, that way i can give my graphics card 128Mb + still have over 1 gig for the system. but the 1 gig sticks are sooooooooooo expensive!!!! they cost about £300, which is a 1/3 the price of the entire laptop :eek: so i think i'm gona get 2 x 512, but which make shall i get + whats cheap? i have looked on ebuyer etc and lowest price i found was £180 for 2 X kingston ValueRAM 512MB 200Pin SODIMM PC2700 DDR Non-Parity CL2.5 on dabs.com anyone find any cheaper decent ram? specilly the 1024 sticks :/

Total Due Crucial: £164.48 from crucial.co.uk, so quite a good price for 2X512 :D

it's only 2 months old + can suport upto 2gig ;)

ok, hehe.

Its better to be safe then sorry. You didnt mention how much it could take, just thought Id mention it.

Aaah, the advantages of desktop ownership. You can just buy 4x512 rather than 2 lots of 1024 :D

I think you should just go with the 2x512 from Crucial, giving shared graphics any more memory than 64mb will probably be pointless anyway.

true it is a pain having 2 slots, specially when it's got 2X256 rather than 1x512 :p

think i will order the ram 2morrow after i get paid :D

ok i got itchy fingers and ordered it :p
Qty: 2 CT351140
Part number: CT6464X335
Price: £69.99 (EX. VAT)
Description: 512MB, 200-pin SODIMM for a Toshiba Satellite A30 Series System
Line total: £139.98 (EX. VAT)
Line item subtotal: £139.98 (EX. VAT)
Freight charges: Free Shipping - £0
Approximate VAT tax: £24.50
Total due Crucial: £164.48

reminds me I should probably invest in more ram for my desktop machine

Yeah, you need at least 3.5GB these days, to go with a 786mb GFX card. Ahem.

( Sorreh, I am quite bored :/ )

We expect to deliver your item before 12:00 on 26/04/04

Your item with reference SG************GB is currently progressing through our network.

SPeedY_B said:
Yeah, you need at least 3.5GB these days, to go with a 786mb GFX card. Ahem.

( Sorreh, I am quite bored :/ )
I was thinking a gig would do as then I dont have to go about trying to expand my swap partition as the amount I have in there would probably be alright

and it would be a 768mb gfx card not 786mb ;)

Pfffffft, do you not pay attention to tech-news? 786mb cards are all the rage now! not to mention the forthcoming 1042mb ones!!!! woo yay houpla. :D :p

*pats 64mb card* ... It's all you need. :)

SPeedY_B said:
Pfffffft, do you not pay attention to tech-news? 786mb cards are all the rage now! not to mention the forthcoming 1042mb ones!!!! woo yay houpla. :D :p

*pats 64mb card* ... It's all you need. :)
you mean 46mb card :p

That's the badger!

I'm gonna stop hi-jacking this thread now, I'm sure Henry will resurrect it when he blows up his notebook trying to install the ram or something... :p

weeeeeeeee ram arived this morning before work!!!!! it came with my normall letters :p

all instaled + working great :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back