wanna make avatar, what software should I use?

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Well, basically, I have a video clip in mpg format and I wanna take a few secs of it and turn it into an avatar. Question is, what do I use? :confused:

go to http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm and download the RAD video tools, if you read thru. the help files you'll beable to figure it out....what it does (if you do it correctly) is make it frame by frame by frame in a gif format so that you can open all those gifs in somekind of animation editor (you can use Image Ready if you have Photoshop 6 ^ installed).

how do i capture a screen in powerdvd xp? it is possible i know that.

To use the capture in powerdvd you must disable hardware motion compensation and then there should be a camera icon on the player window... before you start tho, ,go to the configuration and specify how you want the images saved, ie I normally choose a folder on my desktop... they will be incrementally numbered, which makes importing them into animation shop very easy.

I personally like irfan view better for making avatars. I have photoshop 6 and image ready. But irfan opens most any video's and can export them frame by frame. then i use the little program called CoffeeCup Gif Animator to do the magic. Plus thanks to o_87 I am learning more about photoshop. I used to like paintshop pro better:mad: Now thanks for the tutorials I am leaning towards photoshop.

But i cant put my avatar on here because of the size i cant get it small enough:confused: 15 frames, 90x90, saved as jpeg? any clues guys????

Tried saving as gif first but that dont change the frames sizes either.

I use Ulead GIF Animator 5 to take out small sections of mpegs
edit out all duplicate frames save it as a gif - then open it in Animation Shop 3 for some final tweaking

MadRodeo.gif

15 frames should be no problem :s

Attach the file and I will have a look..

Ok, optimised it a little for you, I took the liberty of adding it for you!

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
MadRodeo.gif
[/B]

That would be pretty damn sweet if you could edit out the MTV logo and make it loop nicely ;)

thanks EP, but could you tell me why i couldnt seem to get it any smaller? you are a good man LOL

thanks for helping me out guys.. will have a new avatar up soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back