Wan... Lan???

Ignition

OSNN Junior Addict
Is there anyway to make my computer believe an incoming WAN connection is a LAN connection??? Thx in advance!

:)

Wow, what would you need that for? To open all ports towards that connection? If so, set your computer as DMZ, then all ports are opened...but I have no idea why you should want what you ask for though...? enlighten me?

yea i fail to see why you would ever set something like that up, in addition a wan connection will never act like a lan connection as there will be a gateway involved. At the same time I can't see why you would need a wan to belive it is a lan.

Provide some more information on what your trying to accomplish and we can help you better.

Then i can fool some games im running on a LAN then i don't need the cdkey :) :D

*slaps Ignition* :p

Don't you enter the CD KEY when you first install the game?

awww... Just noticed I've been downgraded from VIP to member :(
LOL :p

Ignition said:
Then i can fool some games im running on a LAN then i don't need the cdkey :) :D
If you don't own a license, don't play the game.

The difference between LAN and WAN in this case is that a LAN is computers in the same subnet segment (192.168.0.* is common for a private LAN) whereas the WAN is connected through a gateway (router) so you can talk to computers outside the subnet (i.e. the rest of the world).

If the IP is not in the subnet range, it's not on the LAN.

Well as has been stated you insert hte CD key when you install the game for 1, and as Zedric and I have stated there is no way to make a wan think it is a lan because you will never be able to control the external subnet.

Couldn't i set up a proxy on one computer of my LAN, let somebody connect to it and then redirect that traffic to my computer? :confused: Wouldn't that work?

¬_¬

im not sure if the proxy thing will work...i have a better suggestion tho: how 'bout you pay for the game and get a legit cd key?

why would you wanna do that wan is a network on a wide area, and lan is local so if you want a wan connection just spread the computers across the city :D

well, he could have a legit game, which i dont think so, but just wants to play at a lan party or somthing, cuz that will gaurentee speeds across the computers, depends on which game he wants to play, cuz some games have trainers/patches like that (not official, 3rd party)

my college has a WAN spread all across the 9 campuses in toronto it's pretty cool

i own the internet, yup its true, al gore sold it to me, so its pretty huge, I OWNZ U ALL! hehe

Well reguardless of his reasons, you can't make a WAN think it is a LAN, PERIOD.

yeah thats why there are progies, that trick the game into thinking its wan, when its actually lan, i know there was one for need for speed underground, saw it at a net cafe in egypt

themafia_69 said:
yeah thats why there are progies, that trick the game into thinking its wan, when its actually lan, i know there was one for need for speed underground, saw it at a net cafe in egypt
But this is the other way around...

Well I am sure that there are programs that would allow you to mask/spoof the IP adresses, but you have to have this software setup on both ends. But as this is probley getting to the point of warez and will start violating guidlines for the forum, I am going any futher on this, especially considering it is for the purpose of using illegal copies of a game to begin with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back