W00t!!! KaZaa deletes files spontainiously

X

-[xs]-mirage

OMG, i had about 2000 songs and some 20 Full (700MB) Divx vids and when i booted my pc this morning.... and opened KaZaa, all my songs that were in the kazaa shared folder had been deleted.

Please please help me!!! I want my songs and vids back!!!

Thanks in advance!

I voted for both. I hate the spyware and ads, but i like the ability to download almost every song in existence for "free"

Never had a problem with it deleting stuff before though :confused:

JJB

use Kazaa Lite, non-spy ware and also the files could have eben moved to a different folder, ever think of that?

i know i have thought of moved files... However after searching my hdd for an hour i have found NO TRACE of files!! They arent hidden they arent there. Anyways... thanks for the help... (And yes i use KaZaa Lite) Oh well... t3 connection... no big problems i will have it all back in an hour or 2... take it easy people and thanks for your help.

Sorry ya lost all the songs and videos but check this out!

It can't hurt to download and run it - it may be too late this time - but at least you'll know for sure!

dont worry

most files can still be recovered if they are not overwritten

you need to boot from a second harddrive and use your main harddrive as the secondary master
you should borrow a friends large drive because you want to rescue everything you can

you must get this program

http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoveryprofessional/

this program is a must have

dont use your harddrive or you will write over more files

install this program on the new harddrive and search your lost harddrive for erased files
after 20 mins
you will get a message with thousands of files

i would just select all and copy to the new drive
at this point nothing was saved and the files displayed are the ones that will be able to copy to your new drive
this will save all files to the new drive for safe keeping

i had a super corrupt harddrive and this program deciphered and saved hundreds of files including a complete office 2000 backup

please post your findings here

i hope it helps

cheers
egghead

after youve saved your mp3's etc...
you can safely copy the files back to your original harddrive without overwriting anything

btw
it sounds like kazaa haters have made good use of the xp bug mentioned in the other posts and deleted a very common folder for kazaa users
update to sp1 or get the fix from the link above
its only 30k

check for viruses
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.asp
free online scanner

i use it whenever xp slows or acts strange

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back