VPN not connecting

A

Alliedsvcs

I recently upgraded my home pc to dual boot xp pro and win2k pro. Under Win 2K I can connect to my office VPN fine everytime, but can't connect at all under XP.

The office lan is running NT Server 4. Also, I am able to ping the VPN server with no problems from the command prompt in XP.

The error message is as follows.

Error 800: Unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable, or security parameters may not be configured properly for this connection.

Any suggestions?

You might try going to the VPN properties, Networking tab and change the type of VPN from automatic to PPTP.

I've checked/unchecked every checkbox that I could find in the Properties for the connection. I've even installed and uninstalled IPX/SPX protocol services, QoS Packet Scheduler, anything and everything that I could find in the network settings for XP. I'm at a loss, and no one that I've talked with can give an accurated description of an 800 error code. It's like a check engine light on a new exotic car.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back