VPC 2007 & Vista 5744

LordOfLA

Godlike!
Well I finally got around to installing the new virtual pc :)

I also decided to install Vista in a virtual machine instead of boot back and forth.

With the virtualisation support in the core 2 duo, its running just as fast in virtual pc as it was native. Etither this has always been the case with hardware assisted virualisation and I'm just now realising what I've missed or this is some impressive work on the part of MS.

Still I will always enjoy the irony of windows in a window :D

Edit: It doesn't however like decoding a 640x480 mpeg 2 file over the lan and playing it back :D

Edit 2: Seems to have sorted itself out now and is playing back only slightly slower than if I played native :D This is getting almost too impressive :D

Edit 3: now its taking the biscuit. give it foreground focus and it plays just as fast as native.....

Edit 4: During playback I had XP's taskmanager showing 43% cpu usage. Excue me while I squeal like an excited little girl in a candy shop :D

Last edited:
On x64 my vista sat and 100% and was very sluggish.

where did u get vpc2007?
http://connect.microsoft.com
Login and you should see it in the list of available betas. It's a public preview, so you don't need an invitation code etc.

I'm playing with the Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" RC build on a Vista RC2 host, and it's running great. :)
Edit: Wow...the "Save State" feature is insanely fast. Saves in 6 seconds, restores back to a fully-usable state in 4 seconds.

Last edited:
Could someone be kind enough to post a link to VirtualPC 2007? I couldn't find it...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back