Voodoo2 Internal Cable

03bigMark03

Hi what cable does the Voodoo 2 uses to connect to the primary card internaly. I think it's SSI but I'm really not sure.

Here is the picture.

its to run 2 voodoo 2 in SLI mode which means one card renders half the screen while the other card does the other half.

Great, thanks for the information but were can I buy a cable for SLI in England?

Oh crap. No, no SLI cables. I tried to look on EBAY but there are no cables, just cards. Any other ideas. Anyone got one lying around in there basement.

Also, if I were to SLI the card would the VGA output be on the voodoo 2 card or the primary AGP card? Thanks. And again someone shout if they have a spare SSI cable they can sell, give me.

I may have one of those cables around i know i have the card,, but my understanding of the cable was it was used to link 2 voodoo 2 cards together not a voodoo to a standard video card. Mine came with and piggyback cable that goes outside the case to connect the voodoo to the standard card. So you would need a standad card, and 2 voodoo 2s and the internal cable i believe. I could be wrong im off to find the cable to check now.
Don

With a little luck you could buy a simple ribbon cable with the same amount of pins from the closest electronics store. Hopefully they are sold with connectors... :)

I found mine the connector on the internal cable is the same end a floppy cable uses its about 2 inched long and both ends are the same, but there are 4 cables flipped in the middle so a floppy cable wont work right i doubt it looks like 7 wires are flipped in the floppy cable i have here, sure u could rewire one though if your patient.

Zedric, I don't quiet understand though I realise that a floppy cable is similar as I looked at that Idea. How would I make my own connection with a Floppy cable, I don't quiet understand all this and I wan't SLI mode because I've tried outside cable mode and that doesn't use the other card. Just leaves that to 2d rendering.

Here is an old ATI Pro Card I have, I see what you mean about the pins.

So you guys reckon I could just get a Floppy cable and it would work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back