Voodoo 3 3000 3dfx tools problems

M

mad-cow77

Hello

I need your help urgently, or I'm going to go nuts!

These are my hardware specs >>

Cpu : AMD Athlon 850Mhz
Mainboard : Epox 8kta3 + pro (Via chipset)
Graphics card : Voodoo 3 3000

Software specs >>

Direct-X : Version 8 (standard)
Drivers : X-3dfx 1.08.04 beta for Xp

No previous drivers were installed, only Xp's own drivers

I installed the drivers from the X-3dfx team version 1.08.04 BETA
for windows xp.

But with my luck there were some problems :(

These are the error messages I received with the installation >>

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\3dfx Interactive\3dfx Tools\Tools\AdvTweak.dll failed to register.
HRESULT -2147418113. Contact your support personnel.

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\3dfx Interactive\3dfx Tools\Tools\Feature.dll failed to register.

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\3dfx Interactive\3dfx Tools\Tools\Color.dll failed to register.

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\3dfx Interactive\3dfx Tools\Tools\TvOut.dll failed to register.

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\3dfx Interactive\3dfx Tools\Tools\LCD.dll failed to register.

The games seems to be working fine, as for the 3dfx tools ..

I can adjust my Glide & Direct3d settings for brightness/contrast/gamma

BUT !

My Video overlay settings are totally disabled ;(

and that is the most important thing to me !

Ive tried the original 3dfx Win2k drivers as well as others also , same problem every time... ??

Please Help me ! I am clueless...

PS. Attached is a picture file with screenshots

MaD-CoW

Famine...........

It would be nice for everyone here if you could be a little more specific as to which drivers helped you out. There are lots of drivers available there.

My son's system has a Voodoo3 board too and he's having fits

:-(

Thats the problem .... I downloaded so many driver and cant remember what order I did it in.........

I did get all the drivers from the page listed above.

I do know that one of the ones I used was the notools driver and mixed it with one that had the tools.

It's been so much of a pain that Im afraid to re-install XP.

So I think Im going to take the easy way out and get a new video card !!!!

Good luck .. Also you might want to check the tweak page here and turn off the auto-reboot on error (blue screen).

When I was testing the card for glide in Tribes. I didnt get a blue screen. My computer would just turn off. If you disable the auto-reboot then you will get a blue screen and see the problem. That is how I finaly got my card working. Checked the error and saw the file that it didnt like and kept change that file with a different ver. until it worked.... good luck !!!!

:cool:

http://www.3dfx.com

Get the driver kit 1.08.00 (if you haven't already got them), and there should be a little readme file explaining about the rather unusual installation procedure. It was emphasized that to install properly you had to go thru' the setup once (with all the error messages (as you listed) ) then reboot and go thru' the setup again. Sounds Irish, it did to me too, but it WORKED!!:D

Good luck TOK

Yeah search the forums using this link above for my 3dfx posts, I did some details ones to get my old 3dfx Voodoo3 working on XP Pro, HL/CS etc worx

Errr. u might not find it, that was on Ye-Old forums lol, voodoo files and search for HOE drivers, use the guide put up by some guy on that page.

G.luck

Hello

I need your help urgently, or I'm going to go nuts!

These are my hardware specs >>

Cpu : AMD Athlon 850Mhz
Mainboard : Epox 8kta3 + pro (Via chipset)
Graphics card : Voodoo 3 3000

Software specs >>

Direct-X : Version 8 (standard)
Drivers : X-3dfx 1.08.04 beta for Xp

No previous drivers were installed, only Xp's own drivers

I installed the drivers from the X-3dfx team version 1.08.04 BETA
for windows xp.

But with my luck there were some problems :(

These are the error messages I received with the installation >>

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\3dfx Interactive\3dfx Tools\Tools\AdvTweak.dll failed to register.

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\3dfx Interactive\3dfx Tools\Tools\Feature.dll failed to register.

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\3dfx Interactive\3dfx Tools\Tools\Color.dll failed to register.

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\3dfx Interactive\3dfx Tools\Tools\TvOut.dll failed to register.

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\3dfx Interactive\3dfx Tools\Tools\LCD.dll failed to register.

The games seems to be working fine, as for the 3dfx tools ..

I can adjust my Glide & Direct3d settings for brightness/contrast/gamma

BUT !

My Video overlay settings are totally disabled ;(

and that is the most important thing to me !

Ive tried the original 3dfx Win2k drivers as well as others also , same problem every time... ??

Please Help me ! I am clueless...

PS. Attached is a picture file with screenshots

MaD-CoW

Antivirus,Firewall, or previous Videocard Software.It keeps the dll's from registering.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back