volume setting

C

Camila

Since last week my Windows XP is doing a strange thing when I adjust the volume by clicking on the speaker icon: the default sound (useful to check if the volume is correctly set) is played through the internal PC speaker instead of the speakers connected to the sound card... Why is this happening ?
Another question: what is the best backup software for Windows XP ? I'd like to backup/restore single files and folders, not entire partitions like you do with Ghost or Drive Image.
Thanks!
Camila

Dunno on the speaker thing. XP has it's own backup utility. Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Backup. Should be all you need.

Thank you, but I need multi-volume backup to a CDR device while that utility only detects the 3.5" floppy as storage media.
Camila

I don't know if you're looking to buy something or not, but I think there's a few resale products available. This one, NTI Backup NOW! Deluxe, has a 10-day trial period.

Nero Burning Rom or Roxio's EZCD Creator are probably the most widely used general purpose burning utilities. My personal favorite is Fireburner. Fireburner doesn't install, it sits in its own folder and does it's thing. I make image files (iso's) with WinISO and burn those with Fireburner.

PowerQuest's Drive Image or Norton Ghost will burn a complete image of your drive to CD... multi-volume.

I'd suggest not burning multi-volume back-up files or disk images. If one of the disks gets damaged or becomes unreadable for some reason... you lose the whole lot. Something to consider.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back