Volume of PC...

K

KatFisch

I was just wondering if there is any way to lower the volume that the computer makes when you click on a link etc. (e.g when Im on the internet and click on a link to load a page) It makes that clicking sound. I like having my music up loud, but now I keep getting loud clicks from my computer whenever I click on a link or something. I dont want to turn it right off, but I was wondering how I can lower it so that I can just hear my music and not clicks whenever Im doing something (it also makes the noises when you get an error etc).
Thanks for any help! :)

Easy. Turn it down when you're done listening to music and turn it back up before you listen again.

There's no way to do that, really, because your sounds and your music use the same volume setting (wave). Unless all you listen to is CDs. Then turn down the wave volume and turn up the CD volume.
/Lactic

i have found then when i play music (CD's or MP3's) through winamp i can turn the sound up and down without efecting the system sound.

this may or may not be because i am using direct sound in winamp (because i can't remember if i am :))

um...

Its when I listen to Winamp. It never used to do it before I installed Windows XP, so I think it has got something to do with that. Also, I play D2 and sometimes I used to play Winamp instead of listening to the sound of the game, but now when I go to play D2 with Winamp music on, I get both sounds!
There must be some way of tweaking the registry or something?!
Thanks, Katherine

I just spent ten minutes trying differnt things to achieve this and it seems like it is impossible :(

soz catfish

:confused:

dammiiiiiiit! :(
thanks for trying to help though!
someone out there must know a way....... ?

Well if you use the winamp equalizer you can adjust the loudness, but typically you can't get too much louder without distortion. But the primary volume in winamp will change the volume of either wave or overall volume for your system, can't remember which. As for the game, I've got no idea, other than turn the volume of the sounds in-game all the way down. Or just turn the music down and listen to gun-fire and screams & shouts over your Bach or Rachmaninoff, or whatever it is you listen to =)
/Lactic

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back