Volume Control Problem

N

Not Bman

When you go into your sound properties, and it has like those 5 volume controls (it can vary) there is one named "wave" i put this one like all the others all the way to the top, because i have another was to control the volume. Everytime I do this, after awhile it changes and the volume of that "wave" one goes down.

How to I fix this, I want it to stay where I put it?

Here is a picture to clarify what I'm talking about.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Certain programs (winamp) also control the wave slider (the volume control in winamp). If you open winamp and it's not at 100% it will automatically move the slider down.

As an aside, i'd recommend not running volumes at 100%. It has been shown that windows KMixer can add distortion above ~70%.

the only programs i use that have that is "MusicMatch" "WMP" and "Kazaa" and I change the volume with my dial on my speaker and in kazza most of the time. So yea i dunno...

let me rephrase my response. Media player type programs have an internal volume control that controls the "wave" volume.

What dreamliner77 is saying is that some audio programs are badly written (one or more of the ones you use). When they load they change the system sound setting you made on your wave volume slider and then when the program exits it does not restore the system setting. There is no fix for this other than to stop using the program that is doing it.

His other comment is that you should not set the volume sliders above 70% in windows. It messes up the sound quality. I've seen this myself and keep my sliders at 50%.

If you get a program like HotKeycontrol XP (Freeware) at

http://www.digital-miner.com/hkcontrol.html

you can set some system hotkeys so that you can slide the volume up / down to whatever rate you choose.

Also useful for quickly ejecting CDs from any app / forcing a program to shutdown in most cases / exiting windows quickly :)

My keyboard already automaticly has that feature, with a nice button. It was just settings in the computer that always changed because of one program. Which I am not using anymore, so I do not have this problem! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back