Volcano 7 problem

N

naheed

every time i try to speed up the fan to 5000 rpm, my computer seems to come to a halt. It does this in windows as well as in the bios. I have an athlon 1700+ overclocked to a 2000+. What could the problem be?

I had the same problem. When you try to crank the Volcano 7 up to the max settings, other things start to shut down. I found that it was the power supply. My advice, buy a new one.

alright

but i have a 300watt power supply, so shouldnt it run then?

in general, after tweaking your hardware if you ex-perience cronic reboots or failures, its usually a power supply problem.

but?

there is no requirment on the volcano 7 that you need atleast a 350+ watt power supply. shouldnt it still run the full speed with 300? even if i disconnect my other fans?

it could run fine, but it all depends on the other components in your system also. every little piece of hardware takes something from your power supply.

I have a 300W powersupply and am running the volcano 7+ at the max speed with other cooling fans, 2 hds and 2 cdroms. Not including almost every pci spot taken... I will be looking into a larger power supply soon.

all i have are 2 cd drives and one hard drive, 3 case fans, one pci slot fan, and the volcano 7. I dont think thats pushing it, but could it be just the fan is gone?

i talked to my reseller and they said it coud be the installation of the fan, you think that could be a proble, They said it may no be sitting flass on the pporccessor causing it to freeze up

if your volcano 7 is being powered by your motherboard, then maybe you should use the adapter to hook it up directly to your power supply, and plug the cable with the yellow wire only, into the motherboard.
Its not good to have too many things powered off your motherboard. Too much power drawn from it may cause it to crash.

AGP video card - 30-40W
PCI video card - 30W
AMD Athlon 900MHz-1.1GHz - 50W
AMD Athlon 1.2MHz-1.4GHz - 55-65W
AMD Duron 1.0MHz-1.3GHz - 50W
AMD Athlon 1.47MHz-1.73GHz - 75W
Intel Pentium III 800MHz-1.26GHz - 40W
Intel Pentium 4 1.4GHz-1.7GHz - 65W
Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz-2.0GHz - 75W
Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz-2.4GHz - 90W
Intel Celeron 1.0GHz-1.1GHz - 35W
Intel Celeron 1.2GHz-1.4GHz - 50W
ATX Motherboard - 35W-45W
128MB RAM - 10W
256MB RAM - 20W
24X or higher IDE CD-RW Drive - 35W
32X or higher IDE CD-ROM Drive - 25W
10x or higher IDE DVD-ROM Drive - 20W
SCSI CD-RW Drive - 17W
SCSI CD-ROM Drive - 12W
5,400RPM IDE Hard Drive - 10W
7,200RPM IDE Hard Drive - 13W
7,200RPM SCSI Hard Drive - 24W
10,000RPM SCSI Hard Drive - 30W
15,000RPM SCSI Hard Drive - 45W
Floppy Drive - 5W
Network Card - 4W
Modem - 5W
Sound Card - 5W
SCSI Controller Card - 20W
Firewire/USB Controller Card - 10W
Case Fan - 3W
CPU Fan - 3W
:_)

Ice-Freezer - Cool

and try the volcano hooked to the power supply, not the motherboard

im using the adapters pluged into the power supply and the repm signal is the only thing hooked up to the mobo

what else could it be?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back