voice your opinion

B

Burpster

having been a member here for a couple months i find the same things are posted over and over

i findmany people's problems could be solves with a 30 sec google search

does anyone else find that it seems like the same posts come up day after day???

hmmm...I think this point was allready made...I'll search and find out

Of course it does.
It is annoying when members post questions relating to things that have been discussed before, but we are a tech/windows site that offers help to those in need, so as long as people are using windows, the same problems will arise all over the world.
Its unavoidable that many people will encounter the same problems, so they come here seeking help, admitedly a lot could be solved by using the search feature (or using google as you say), BUT, this is flawed by the fact a lot of people use "HELP!!!" and "PROBLEM, HELP PLZ" as the topics to posts, therefore making it harder for the search utility of the site to actually find a post relating to a certain problem.

Both issues are addressed in the guidelines, you are asked to use the search function before asking/posting, and to always write an imformative topic. Obviously some people just feel the need to ignore the forum guidelines.

I'll also point out that lots of google searches will point a person here for their answer.

this begs the question doesn't it.

yes, the question can be answered by doing a google search, and then following the google suggestion by coming here..

IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIFE

we become worm food, the worm bird food, the bird big game food...

oh...wait...that's another thread...nevermind

Originally posted by dealer
I'll also point out that lots of google searches will point a person here for their answer.

this begs the question doesn't it.

yes, the question can be answered by doing a google search, and then following the google suggestion by coming here..

IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIFE

What he said.

Originally posted by dealer

IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIFE

LMAO:D

at the same time though... we are here to help (or some of us choose to) and therefore we choose to respond or not to respond to queries we can help with..

I am sure its a lot simpler/easier/within the know-how of the user to post a query rather than search..

its obvious a lot of people posting are not to aware of the various diagnostic methods to solve hardware/software problems therefore perhaps they may not be able to search effectively for the correct answers/threads...

above and beyond that.. many regulars here also post questions that have been answered before... there is no harm in that IMO :)

if it is posted in multiple threads then yah... there is a problem :) but otherwise I am more than happy to 'try' and help people :) if it is within my ability...

If its a technical problem that someone needs help with I don't care if its been covered before. But when it the Nth thread about which browser is best it gets a little old.

Lots of members have similar questions and lots of times a search could in fact solve it. But also bear in mind that some members are not schooled in the fine art of searching things down and resort to the age old tried and true method of asking every single person they can get a hold of... which is good for us that enjoy helping out...

SO STOP COMPLAINING... please. :p :cool:

I need more Meds. :eek: :cool:

Originally posted by rettahc
If its a technical problem that someone needs help with I don't care if its been covered before. But when it the Nth thread about which browser is best it gets a little old.

Soooooo rettahc, Which browser do you think is the best??? :p

but you speak to someone insted of getting it as it is with no help or guidance so i dont care if i help ppl over for the same stuff makes me proud to be an NTFSer :D

Can anyone tell me where to find NTFS.org? .......runs like hell.

Originally posted by Kirrie2001

/me chases kirrie2001, falls on twig, breaks leg, takes 3 months b4 i can walk again, sued the tree, it won, now i make a living making socks out of human hairs i find on the sidewalk ....hope your proud of yourself kirrie2001

Originally posted by Kirrie2001

Uuuuuuuu... try yer *Bookmarks*/*Favorites* ;)

Unleashes the Hounds... :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back