Voice in CS w/XP

M

manik

Can someone post the proper commands to run in CS to get the voice features to work? Right now I sound like the teacher from snoopy.

Thanks

hhehee yer i disabled it, everyone i could hear sounded like their balls hadnt dropped and was killing my ears :)

These guides are really good

Read first

and

Read second

i think they will help you

I disabled it for the sake of my ping ;)

56k rules btw ;)

what sound card do you have..? That makes the biggest difference in mic sound quality.

SB Live 1024 Value. That should be fine right? I think my mic is a little questionable, I stole it off my sisters ancient gateway "2000" machine.

The sound card should be "ok". The mic may be the problem.
I have a soundblaster Live value , and a soundblaster live 5.1 , on another computer . The mic I use is a cheapie Jensen ( 10 $ ) mic, and from what other counterstrike players have told me, my voice sounds pretty good.

I recommend upgrading your sound card anyways , not just or the mic , but it'll improve your gaming as well. I believe the sound card makes more of a diff than the microphone does , soundblaster 1024 value is sort of the bottom end of the soundblaster series...

thanks dimmy. I might try the microphone first, and if its still muffled, then i might switch the card. although I bought a Hoontech DBII so i can output to my dolby digital reciever through a digital coax cable. I think its designed fo that card, so its doubtful I will switch.

Have you tried Battle Com voice communicator? It's much better than Roger Wilco or any other progz out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back