Vocal removing software

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi guys,

Is there a vocal removing software available out there, I want to setup a kareoke machine out of my PC.

I am willing to pay for it

Thanks,

Heeter

it's just not really anything that can be done easily, it results in poor sound for the entire song, because it just cuts out some frequencies in the 'vocal range' but also some guitar sounds and it makes it really muddy.

Yeah, blinden......

Muddy is not the word. I downloaded two trial versions, both did turn the music into mud, not to mention that I still heard the vocals.

Heeter

Vocals use far too wide a range of frequencies.
If you want to do karaoke and you're willing to pay, you can get Instrumental vesrions of the songs/tunes you wish to play and use them, there are VCD's available with the words on screen (how it's done in most places) available esspecially for it.

aye, I've looked into removing vocals from songs myself one time... websites give you an idea into doing it, but its not always how they say as everyones voice sounds different so what works for one song, wont for every other.

Like SPeedY_B said... the best option would be to get the instrumental versions.

Right off the top we try to lower people's expectations when it comes to vocal removal.
There are two popular methods for creating Karaoke backing tracks :

A) REMOVING VOCALS FROM EXISTING POPULAR CD's
B) MAKING BACKING TRACKS FROM GENERAL MIDI FILES

More on the pros and cons of the process in the F.A.Q. below :

1. IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE THE VOCALS REMOVED FROM A RECORDING AND KEEP THE MUSIC ?
2. HOW DOES THE VOCAL REMOVAL PROCESS WORK ?
3. DOES THE VOCAL REMOVAL PROCESS COMPROMISE THE QUALITY OF THE MUSIC ?
4. WHAT TYPES OF MUSIC DO YOU HAVE MORE SUCCESS WITH ?
5. ARE THERE ANY ALTERNATIVES TO VOCAL REMOVAL ?
6. I REALLY *NEED* TO HAVE A KARAOKE VERSION, WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND I DO ?

1. IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE THE VOCALS REMOVED FROM A RECORDING AND KEEP THE MUSIC ?
It depends on the song you want to have treated. Some songs work surprisingly well, and others will still have a significant amount of vocal "ghosts" remaining in the treated mix.

2. HOW DOES THE VOCAL REMOVAL PROCESS WORK ?
What happens in this process is that the song mix is thrown out of phase and the elements panned in the middle of the stereo spectrum are almost eliminated. Since lead vocals usually include reverb and other stereo FX and backing vocals that are panned in stereo you usually still have a "vocal ghost" lingering in your processed mix. Depending on your application, this may be satisfactory.

3. DOES THE VOCAL REMOVAL PROCESS COMPROMISE THE QUALITY OF THE MUSIC ?
Unfortunately, yes. Since the vocal remover process effects elements centered in the mix it may also include some drum and bass tracks and whatever else might be panned center. Again, this varies from song to song.

4. WHAT TYPES OF MUSIC DO YOU HAVE MORE SUCCESS WITH ?
The process tends to work better on songs with a fairly steady accompaniment (such as a pop or rock song) and where the vocals are mixed fairly dry (that is with little effects) and panned in the center of the stereo mix.

5. ARE THERE ANY ALTERNATIVES TO VOCAL REMOVAL ?
An alternative way of producing karaoke backing tracks is through General MIDI files. These are like the playback equivalent of sheet music (much like the digital equivalent of the player pianos). If GM files for your song are available, we have various synthesizer and sample playback units that will reproduce the music using those files. The GM files will often produce quite reasonable facsimiles of songs. The main advantage is that there are no vocals whatsoever. The main drawback is that it won't sound *exactly* like the backing tracks of the original recording. Still, this produces the cleanest result.

6. I REALLY *NEED* TO HAVE A KARAOKE VERSION, WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND I DO ?
If you have a number of songs that you want treated, it's best to try *one* first. If we have some success and the results are satisfactory to you, we can proceed with the remaining songs.

If you want to experiment with this stuff for yourselves, here's one way to do it:

First, find a recording with the vocal panned to the center of the mix, and seat yourself between a stereo pair of speakers so that the center image is nice and clear.

Temporarily power off your amp. Now (assuming your speakers have the old fashioned 2 wire leads) reverse the positions of the input wires on one of your speakers and leave the other alone. You have just put one of your speakers "out of phase" with the other.

Turn you amp back on and listen to your recording now. You should hear a significant reduction in what was formerly "center channel" information. What you're not hearing is the sounds which the left and right channels had in common cancelling each other out.

By the way, this is the essence of how noise-cancelling headphones work. Their circuitry samples the ambient sounds and attempts to hurry up and replay them to your ears out-of-phase in order to "cancel" the outside noise! This has to be done almost instantaneously, of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back