VLite version 1.1.6 RC , Vista /SP1 Slipstream

Tweakfiend

OSNN Senior Addict
http://www.vlite.net/download.html
I have loaded 2 DVD ISO discs with and without modfied components/ drivers / unattend function.
I have not yet re installed Vista combined with SP1 but the discs appear to run correctly.
Must test on a spare partition.
Anyone installed this yet ??

Last edited:
from what i've heard, Vista's service packs can't really be slipstreamed by the same methods used for XP's service pack slipstreaming. Think it was something about major parts of the OS being updated, which was the cause of the OS having to reboot a few times during the SP1 install process. don't know if the new versions of vLite fixed that entirely. If you really want to slipstream stuff.... i think you may be better off trying to find a copy of a retail Vista disc that has SP1, and just try modifying that.

from what i've heard, Vista's service packs can't really be slipstreamed by the same methods used for XP's service pack slipstreaming. Think it was something about major parts of the OS being updated, which was the cause of the OS having to reboot a few times during the SP1 install process. don't know if the new versions of vLite fixed that entirely. If you really want to slipstream stuff.... i think you may be better off trying to find a copy of a retail Vista disc that has SP1, and just try modifying that.

Yes its not the same method as previously used I use the word "slipstream" advisedly.
SP1 is loaded into a folder Vista files copied from the DVD to form version 6001( boot ,EFI, sources , support , upgrade folders are modified) and then the total package can be amended if needed .
Components can be removed . hot fixes added,and unattend feature inserted.
It took 2 hours as a "one off" process, whereas normal slipstreaming is quicker and more straightforward.
The writer of the software has been in regular contact with M' Soft SP1 team for essential approval / assistance, and has proven history in this field.
Others have indicated they have used this successfully.

Last edited:
Just tested the DVD I made, which inc some components, from choice, such as "accessibility" removed for speed and the "unattend" feature added.
Loads Vista Ultimate with SP1 from scratch in 35 minutes.
Saves 80 mb or so of hot fixes prior to SP1
Previous load time was 35 -40 minutes for Vista, plus 50 - 60 minutes for SP1.
No problems whatsoever... will reload hardware during the evening.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back