VLC Player

N

Not Bman

I just reformatted, and forgot to save some of my files. I just installed VLC Player and videos arent working, I think there was another program or codec I needed to install, does anybody know what it is..

I'll probably get a little slack for this from some posters, but do a Google for "XP Codec Pack". Should get you all the codecs you'll ever need.

Bman™ said:
I just reformatted, and forgot to save some of my files. I just installed VLC Player and videos arent working, I think there was another program or codec I needed to install, does anybody know what it is..

Hi sorry but ignore the other two :p
The reason for this is VLC (videolan) is a self contained player, so all your standard codecs such as divX, xvid whatever are including with the program and you dont need to install any additional ones.

Strainght from their website
It supports a large number of multimedia formats, without the need for additional codecs
* It is available for almost every OS
* It needs little CPU power

The first bet would be to check their website for the supported files http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html

If it does support your codec type try reinstalling, if not, or you want to view it in another program such as mediaplayer, download the codecs as described by one of the chaps above :)
hope this helps

I've havn't seen much that VLC wouldn't play on Windows (only say this as wmv9 isn't possible on Mac - same other then that). It would be interesting to know what "codec" it turns out this vidoes are.

I don't get what's the problem with VLC. I was using it fine awhile ago, I used it for almost everything. Now nothing works withit. I seem to be getting most of my things working fine with WMP for now, if I get fed up with WMP, I might reinstall VLC and try getting it to work.

Thanks for the help guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back