VLC Player Problem

N

Not Bman

I have been using Video Lan Player for awhile now, no problems its great. I got a new video, and when I click to open it, my computer freezing and Altcontroldelete dosent work, i have to press the restart button.

I dont get why this is happening, thats the only one that has done this.

Some help..

"Got a new video"? Hmmm.

Is this a VCD, DVD, download, etc.? File format? mpeg, avi, matrovska...

If it's a download it could be corrupted or could have a virus implanted.

If it's a DVD it may be copy protected to prevent viewing on a PC.

A missing or corrupted codec is also a possibility. Run gspot or videoinspector to see what codecs are used.

All videos I have, no matter what type I use this program. I got this new one which is avi, dosent work in it but works in WMP.. thats weird...

did you scan it with anti-virus? could be corrupt

It's most likely corrupted and that's why it's making it crash. Check it out with Gspot just to make sure that you also have the right codec.

If the file is AVI it and runs in WMP it sounds like there may be a "liscence" issue with this file. WMP has all that media rights **** in it. VLC does not.

Other possibility is VLC is missing a "liscenced codec" that WMP has.

I'd bet on the media rights stuff myself.

I didn't read the part about it working in WMP :nervous:

Ok, that makes sense. This is the only file that has given me problem. So I'm just gonna go with that.

Thanks guys.

You could try and re-encode it. But anytime you re-encode quality drops due ot data loss.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back