VIVO issue

S

Skwowwy

Well, back again from a long absence. I've been lurking here most of the time. :p

I need a little bit help here with my graphics card (Leadtek GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X), running on 45.23 Detonators drivers as well as WDM drivers from the CD.

I've managed to get the VIVO working (video in as well as video out). I absolutely love that, since the quality on TV is oh so nice! :D (not the text in Windows, though, but especially movies are nice)

Anyway, the thing here is that whenever I enable TV output, the monitor goes off, saying that it can't handle the mode. I don't want that. I want that both devices are running, and I want to make it so that the movies will be played on the TV, while other applications appear on the monitor, such as mIRC.

I've tried the latest TVTool 8, but with no avail. The monitor still gives that warning and blinks several times. The TV itself is fine, though. I can see my desktop there.

Is there anything I can do in order to make use of both devices? I have the feeling that the graphics card sends out the same signal to the TV as well as to the monitor (which only the TV can understand and the monitor can't). Is there some software available that can separate signals (VGA and TV signals), so that I can use both devices?

In my opinion, that's rather stupid, since VGA is VGA; there shouldn't be any TV signals going through that, only through the video output in the VIVO connector.

Anyway, I really want this, so help me if you can, please. :p

I take it no one can help me? Blarg. ;(

Oh well, it isn't a big issue anyway. Just too bad I couldn't make more use of it.

the monitor has to be compatable with the tv resolution / refresh rates im afraid, if you cant set the monitor to the same low res as the telly i doubt it will work. theres a couple of other tv tool type things at http://www.guru3d.com in the downloads section.

Hmm... The monitor can easily handle 800x600 and 1024x768, so it must be the refresh rate. I live in the Netherlands, so it's 50 Hz. That's probably why.

However, my TV supports NTSC (60 Hz) as well. I've tried to switch to that, but it didn't work either.

Thanks anyway. I guess it isn't possible then.

Could be that your card does not support the dual display (that card should though)

Well, it should. The monitor is simply connected to the VGA connector.

The TV is connected with the VIVO connector (on video output, of course). My PS2 is connected with video input. I'm using a special VIVO cable delivered with my card. It's an A/V crossbar cable, with on one end the VIVO connector and on the other end input as well as output separated, with each of them an s-video and composite connectors.

Currently the input uses composite and output uses s-video.

There's one thing strange, though. XP will detect the TV just fine, except that most of the options are greyed out (I can't set primary and secondary devices; only DualView is available). And there are no two screens in the display properties. If monitor is enabled, then I see settings for the monitor only. If TV is enabled, then I see settings for the TV only.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back