Visual Task Tips

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Visual Task Tips is a lightweight shell enhancement utility. It provides thumbnail preview image for each task in the Windows Taskbar, like in the upcoming Microsoft Windows Vista.

NOTE: Windows XP required to run Visual Task Tips.

before-after.jpg

this is a nice little application.
For those who wish to try, here is the website and download.:)
http://www.visualtasktips.com/

I forgot to add It works with Firefox also..:D

Last edited:
Kinda cool - if anyone has used it, is there a lag time or does it pop up instantly?

Wow nice. I don't have a lag on my laptop (see sig for specs). It's instantaneous.

The only downside is if you like to keep your processes to a minimum, this program adds one more (using 4mb currently). I just wanted to try it, Im not going to keep it.

I'm in Vista at the moment, so I can't try this out, but I don't suppose the previews are live like in Vista, correct?

I dont have vista atm, but if you mean, "live" as in real time. yes
i made a screen shot while i posted this..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 46
By live, I mean do the contents of the tasktip change while you're hovering over them?
For example, if you're downloading something in Vista, and you hover over the taskbar tile for the download window, you can see the progress bar actually moving in the tasktip. Or if you're playing a video, and you hover over the taskbar tile for the media player, you'll see the video playing in the tasktip too.

NetRyder said:
By live, I mean do the contents of the tasktip change while you're hovering over them?
For example, if you're downloading something in Vista, and you hover over the taskbar tile for the download window, you can see the progress bar actually moving in the tasktip. Or if you're playing a video, and you hover over the taskbar tile for the media player, you'll see the video playing in the tasktip too.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! :D

I haven't noticed that in Vista yet, I'll have to drool, I mean play with that later :)

I wonder, if you were playing a game and you alt tabbed out would it show the game as a pop up on the task bar?

NetRyder said:

I just tested it....by watching a media clip and downloading a file while watching the progress bar. ...the media stream was delayed by a few seconds... Im sure its not as tweaked out like vista but for an xp add on, its not to shabby..

Yah i tested it too.
You can see when you type or something, its got a 1 second delay or so, maybe not that much...

Ah, I see. Probably uses a polling approach then, which is why it isn't as smooth. Certainly better than nothing at all though. :)

Hmm, i wonder if there is a way to make is poll every .0001 seconds :)

What ever the delay time is.. It's an awesome little addon.. :) Thanks for the nice find!!

Yah, i forgot to say thanks.
Thanks a lot for finding it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back