Vista WEI score

Re: What are your Vista Performance scores?

Luna,

I'm running an AMD X2 4400 and still getting 5.0 on CPU and RAM.
Changing from the 3800 to 4400 won't make a difference, it think the bottleneck is the RAM controller on nForce 4 motherboards.

Shaf

at the moment its only the ram thats holding my score back ,is only cash thats holding back a upgrade on that count .:laugh:

Ran mine a few mins ago after a complete re-install (still installing office as you can see).
Funny how my 4200+ perfoms at the same rate as your 4400+ :) I guess not a lot in it as 5 out of 5.9 is pretty good anyway.

anyone have a Dell E1505? ATI 1400X, 1gig, Core Duo T2400 (1.86ghz)???

tried Upgrade Advisor, said I dont need to upgrade anything but a few drivers and Nero (which I dont use often anyway.)

any programs to show actual SCORE without having Vista?

cpu 4.9

memory 4.9

graphic 5.9/5.9

hdd 5.2

total 4.9

CPU: 3.8

Memory: 2.5

Aero Graphics: 4.7

Gaming Graphics: 4.1

Hard Disk: 5.2

Total 2.5, feel robbed by my memory,1GB aswell, though got the graphics up from 1.0 for both to the new numbers by getting a Radeon X1550 for £50, worthwhile purchase in my opinion, had to buy a new PSU aswell but hey

might want to see if you can dig up an nforce 4 agp board and a cheap athlon 64 - might boost your ram score a bit :)

Just re-checked on a fresh install Vista only, now my processor has got a boost to 4.0, nice lol

My hpdv6226us shows ALL OF 2.2 actually!

But you can easily change this figure as follows ! Well, this is more of a gag tweak, actually !

Go to C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore and check for the latest xml file. Open it with Word. Navigate to Lines 12-19. They will show scores of your PC on various accounts. Although the scores are meant to have a range from 1.0 to 5.9, you can just change the main one in Line-12 to whatever figure you want.

My recently built rig. Total score 5.6

Processor overclocked to 2.9 GHz.

Attachments

• performanceinfo.jpg
    performanceinfo.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 337

for my laptop i have a very poor 1.0 - thats because its an onboard mobility radeon 7500 (using 9000 driver that comes with vista)

cpu - 2.8
ram - 3.8 - (updated the ram today from 256 to 1024 - sodimm pc2100)
graphics -1.0
gaming graphics 1.0
primary HD (xfer rate) 4.2)

not bad for an old laptop :)

Resurrecting the thread.

New hardware installed, one of my memory modules was bad before, RMA'd and installed new modules today. Score is reflective of dual-channel memory working :) Previously, memory rating was 5.5.

Here my score: Processor 5.4
ram 5.9
Graphics 5.9
Gaming Graphics 5.5
hard drive 5.7 average 5.4

Resurrecting the thread.

New hardware installed, one of my memory modules was bad before, RMA'd and installed new modules today. Score is reflective of dual-channel memory working :) Previously, memory rating was 5.5.

Obviously hacked - you seem to be using 32bit and also it says 5.4 :p

5.9 all the way here ;D

Obviously hacked - you seem to be using 32bit and also it says 5.4 :p

5.9 all the way here ;D

The 5.4 was the previous score using 1 stick of DDR2 in single channel :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back