Vista VS

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey !

Is there a new VS like Vista ?

and updated longhorn VS ?

tnx

Probably a dumb question, but what does VS stand for?

A .msstyle for XP which changes the default theme from Luna or Classic to the new .msstyle. You either need a uxtheme.dll patch or a third party application such as StyleXP to use 3rd party themes.

:)

nix said:
A .msstyle for XP which changes the default theme from Luna or Classic to the new .msstyle. You either need a uxtheme.dll patch or a third party application such as StyleXP to use 3rd party themes.

:)

bah, I never got into messing with themes. thanks for the explanation tho.

luish, im still looking. I know i found one earlier today but i never downloaded it. Cant find it though and i recently cleared all my history etc. :(

tnx netryder . . . that is what i was searching for...

btw that KoL dude rocks.

That was the one :p NEver thought to look in the WIP's thought it had been completed already.

Windows Vista visual style is pretty cool. Totally riupped off the mac UI, but made it a pile better. Even allows for nice backgrounds, too bad there are no Vista Desktop threads :(

JL Renegade said:
too bad there are no Vista Desktop threads :(
I don't think enough people here have Vista Beta 1 running on their machines to warrant a separate thread for it. Vista is the only OS running on my laptop, so I guess I'll post a screenshot in the desktops thread if you wanted. There are plenty of screenshots all over the web showing the glass effect and the placeholder UI too. It's likely to change quite a bit before RTM though. Remember what XP looked like during Beta 1? :)

Hey Net, with the Windowblinds 5, would we need a rather meaty GPU to do the glass effect? I ask cuz I'd like to run that on my lappy, and I have integrated gfx...I'm curious if it would start running a little sluggish

Edit: What can anyone tell me about the Vista Customization Pack that was made by some JoeJoe guy? I have seen some users have their system completely ruined by it, but it comes with all the necessary files and stuff...
http://www.joejoe.biz/joejoe/vista.htm

Last edited:
Guess I should repost the link to the new Vista 5259 theme for WindowBlinds 5 since my previous post was lost:
http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?SkinID=5212&LibID=1

Apu, as far as your question about WB5 goes, I believe resource-usage is much better in this version than it was in the past. I don't have an XP setup to try this out on at the moment (beta testing Vista), but kcnychief and andy_rose have it installed and have reported good results. Check out this month's desktops thread. Give it a try. It couldn't hurt. :)

I can vouch for WB5 running MUCH better than previous versions :)

As NetRyder said, give it a shot and see what happens. The program is easy enough to un-install if you have issues :)

I don't need the enhanced version to run the yummy glassy effects right?

If by enhanced you mean the paid-for version, no. The 60-day trial is feature rich, but limited to 60 days. At least I'm 99% sure...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back