• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vista VS

A .msstyle for XP which changes the default theme from Luna or Classic to the new .msstyle. You either need a uxtheme.dll patch or a third party application such as StyleXP to use 3rd party themes.

:)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
nix said:
A .msstyle for XP which changes the default theme from Luna or Classic to the new .msstyle. You either need a uxtheme.dll patch or a third party application such as StyleXP to use 3rd party themes.

:)
bah, I never got into messing with themes. thanks for the explanation tho.

Windows Vista visual style is pretty cool. Totally riupped off the mac UI, but made it a pile better. Even allows for nice backgrounds, too bad there are no Vista Desktop threads :(

JL Renegade said:
too bad there are no Vista Desktop threads :(
I don't think enough people here have Vista Beta 1 running on their machines to warrant a separate thread for it. Vista is the only OS running on my laptop, so I guess I'll post a screenshot in the desktops thread if you wanted. There are plenty of screenshots all over the web showing the glass effect and the placeholder UI too. It's likely to change quite a bit before RTM though. Remember what XP looked like during Beta 1? :)

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
Hey Net, with the Windowblinds 5, would we need a rather meaty GPU to do the glass effect? I ask cuz I'd like to run that on my lappy, and I have integrated gfx...I'm curious if it would start running a little sluggish

Edit: What can anyone tell me about the Vista Customization Pack that was made by some JoeJoe guy? I have seen some users have their system completely ruined by it, but it comes with all the necessary files and stuff...
http://www.joejoe.biz/joejoe/vista.htm

Last edited:
Guess I should repost the link to the new Vista 5259 theme for WindowBlinds 5 since my previous post was lost:
http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?SkinID=5212&LibID=1

Apu, as far as your question about WB5 goes, I believe resource-usage is much better in this version than it was in the past. I don't have an XP setup to try this out on at the moment (beta testing Vista), but kcnychief and andy_rose have it installed and have reported good results. Check out this month's desktops thread. Give it a try. It couldn't hurt. :)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I can vouch for WB5 running MUCH better than previous versions :)

As NetRyder said, give it a shot and see what happens. The program is easy enough to un-install if you have issues :)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
If by enhanced you mean the paid-for version, no. The 60-day trial is feature rich, but limited to 60 days. At least I'm 99% sure...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix