Vista Upgrade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sombster

OSNN Newbie
I just bought a new PC, and lucky me, I'm eligible for the free upgrade to Vista (which probably won't be to me for god knows how long).

Anyhow, I was running Vista on my old computer (RC2, and the "RTM" that was floating around the net; w/ my RC2 key).

Anyhow, I'm wondering, if I upgraded my current MCE to Vista (using the same CD and key I did before), would I then be able to just change my product key once whomever (HP/Microsoft, etc) sends me my very own CD?

I hate XP/MCE with a passion, and have gotten so used to Vista, but I want to make sure if I upgrade my "new" MCE to Vista, if I'll be able to change the product key to a "legit" (the one I have now expires May 2007) key that comes with my "legit" CD from HP/Microsoft?

Hopefully this posting isn't inappropriate, and I won't get flamed too badly :dead:

Your RC2 Product Key will NOT work with the RTM version of Vista.

Your RC2 Product Key will NOT work with the RTM version of Vista.

I know the RC2 one wont. I'm saying, if and when I get my RTM CD (from HP), can I upgrade, thus entering the key I get WITH my RTM CD?

If I used the RTM that's on the net even (I think you still use an RC key, so it would be the same as USING an RC too I'm sure)..

Either way, if I installed the RTM thats "out there", and didn't active it (I can supposidly use it for 30 days, then reset the activation thing, up to two more times, total of 90 days), would I then be able to just enter MY key once I get my CD from HP?

nope. and even if it did, you'd have it til Jun 07. then it would become null

Vista is not available to the general public until January 30. This community will not assist you with this matter because we do not support non-legit versions of software/operating systems.

Please review the forum guidelines for more information.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back