Vista Specs Revealed

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Well here we have it, the specs are at the bottom, pretty hefty specs, especially the recommended specs, never even heard of aero.

Recommended 1 GHz 32 or 64 bit 1Gb Runs Windows Aero 128Mb 15Gb

Microsoft reveals Vista checklist

_41662476_002430588_gates_afp203.jpg
Microsoft boss Bill Gates has given regular previews of Vista

Microsoft has revealed how powerful computers must be to run Vista - the new version of its Windows operating system.
It has given advice on the basic specifications to run the software as well as the higher capabilities needed to get the most out of it.
Also available is a downloadable tool that lets people know if the PC they own now will run the system.
Microsoft has said that Vista will go on widespread release in January 2007.
Spec check
Vista, formerly known as Longhorn, is Microsoft's long awaited update to the Windows family of operating systems and makes some big changes to the way that the software works.
Typically every release of Windows kicks off a round of PC buying as companies and consumers buy machines that can make the most of the novel features included in the new version.

Click here to see hardware checklist

Microsoft has released "minimum" and "recommended" specifications for Vista.
The minimum means that the operating system will run but some new features will be disabled. Recommended means that this is what is needed to get the most basic configuration of the whole package working.
For instance one of the big changes in Vista is the graphical look of the interface itself - dubbed Aero. In Vista the familiar boxes, windows and icons on the desktop are modelled as 3D objects - just like in many computer games.
o.gif
VISTA VERSIONS
Vista Business
Vista Enterprise
Vista Home Basic
Vista Home Premium
Vista Ultimate
Vista Starter

Only those machines with a graphics card that has a significant amount of memory will be able to use this 3D display.
Other big changes in Vista include the way it handles sound and networking with other machines.
Microsoft has also prepared a Vista "Get Ready" website that can help people work out if their PC can run Vista unaltered, if they need to upgrade their main memory or graphics card, or if they need a whole new computer.
Also available is a software download called the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor that can check a PC and advise about the action needed to run the new version of Windows.
The situation is also complicated by the fact that Microsoft is set to release Vista in six separate versions. Three will be aimed at home users, two at companies and one for emerging markets.
Many PC makers are already selling machines that they label as "Vista ready".
There is no information yet about the abilities of Intel-based Apple Mac computers and whether they will be able to run Vista. VISTA HARDWARE CHECKLIST Minimum Recommended Processor 800MHz 1 GHz 32 or 64 bit System Memory 512Mb 1Gb Graphics card DirectX 9 capable Runs Windows Aero Graphics Memory - - 128Mb Free space on Hard Drive - - 15Gb Source: Microsoft

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back