Vista SP2 Public Beta

still doesn't say if they fixed the annoying explorer bug

explorer not remembering how you have you files and folder set

That is a big thing with me also, carpo. The final isn't supposed to be out till april, so I am waiting till then to get it.

Yea really the only thing I want is the stupid folder thing fixed.

One thing I like is that OpenGL fullscreen apps now don't make my second display black (atleast City of Villains now doesn't do that at any rate )

I like how they say they fixed "crashes that were discovered since SP1". :eek:

I'm not in the mood to try and then have to do another reformat to get rid of it. I'm still waiting for final to come out.

good call, i hated Testing that crap! If i had a spare setup to mess with that would be cool, but i would rather play with the windows 7 beta : )

I'm gonna give it a whirl - I have a planned re-install on Friday anyway :D

Okay, so I decided to go for it. Initially I had planned to download it via Windows Update and the script on Microsoft's website, but I were to find out that it didn't fully work for me. Pity. Anyway, I went on and downloaded the large update file, used by system administrators, waited an hour or so, and voila! I was running SP2 beta.

I've been running it for a few days now, and I'm very pleased with it. Vista's RAM use is a bit lower than it used to be, but not a lot. System responsiveness is better and generally very fast. I'm not sure how I like the updated search functionality. It doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be, but maybe that's just me. Oh, I've found one curious bug! I've just uninstalled Illustrator, and now the Start menu freezes once I try to remove the shortcut I had made for Illustrator. Rather odd, but hopefully they'll fix that.

Other than that, I'll await the final version, but I would think it's safe for the rest of you to update :)

Edit:

@kcnychief
I'm afraid I can't remember if I've already congratulated you on your upcoming status as daddy, but here it goes (again?): congrats! :)

Last edited:
Yea I will probably wait to give it a try after Christmas when I install Vista 64.

On my computer, it uses 50 megs less RAM, and so far that - and the improved speed - has been the only thing I've noticed about the upgrade :)

As said, if you've got the time, I think you should go for it. If not, then I'm sure you'll live anyhow :)

They did say most things were under the hood with sp2 at this stage, doesn't mean other things want be added/removed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back