still doesn't say if they fixed the annoying explorer bug

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
explorer not remembering how you have you files and folder set

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
That is a big thing with me also, carpo. The final isn't supposed to be out till april, so I am waiting till then to get it.

N

Not Bman

Yea really the only thing I want is the stupid folder thing fixed.

LordOfLA

Godlike!
One thing I like is that OpenGL fullscreen apps now don't make my second display black (atleast City of Villains now doesn't do that at any rate )

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I like how they say they fixed "crashes that were discovered since SP1". :eek:

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I'm not in the mood to try and then have to do another reformat to get rid of it. I'm still waiting for final to come out.

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
good call, i hated Testing that crap! If i had a spare setup to mess with that would be cool, but i would rather play with the windows 7 beta : )

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I'm gonna give it a whirl - I have a planned re-install on Friday anyway :D

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
Okay, so I decided to go for it. Initially I had planned to download it via Windows Update and the script on Microsoft's website, but I were to find out that it didn't fully work for me. Pity. Anyway, I went on and downloaded the large update file, used by system administrators, waited an hour or so, and voila! I was running SP2 beta.

I've been running it for a few days now, and I'm very pleased with it. Vista's RAM use is a bit lower than it used to be, but not a lot. System responsiveness is better and generally very fast. I'm not sure how I like the updated search functionality. It doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be, but maybe that's just me. Oh, I've found one curious bug! I've just uninstalled Illustrator, and now the Start menu freezes once I try to remove the shortcut I had made for Illustrator. Rather odd, but hopefully they'll fix that.

Other than that, I'll await the final version, but I would think it's safe for the rest of you to update :)

Edit:

@kcnychief
I'm afraid I can't remember if I've already congratulated you on your upcoming status as daddy, but here it goes (again?): congrats! :)

Last edited:
N

Not Bman

Yea I will probably wait to give it a try after Christmas when I install Vista 64.

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
On my computer, it uses 50 megs less RAM, and so far that - and the improved speed - has been the only thing I've noticed about the upgrade :)

As said, if you've got the time, I think you should go for it. If not, then I'm sure you'll live anyhow :)

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
They did say most things were under the hood with sp2 at this stage, doesn't mean other things want be added/removed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moussa021