Vista SP1 - more details

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Following up from the recent news post on OSNN, the Vista blog has now confirmed that SP1 is released today - there are more details about it here:

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/w.../announcing-the-rtm-of-windows-vista-sp1.aspx

:)

Now, I wonder how long I'll have to wait before I can order a x64 version of Vista (I have a retail x86 which entitles me to a x64 version somewhere) which will come with SP1 integrated?

i have both 32bit and 64 bit versions :) - and yes if you order vista now it should come with sp1 - if not kick em in the nutts

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your experience of x64 now? Word on the street is that it's pretty good now. :)

im using 32bit as the tools for video encoding arent that great on 64bit yet, i will be using 64bit on server though, although its not going to be windows, when i tried out xp 64, it was fast and the music i was playing on there seemed better.

Anyone downloaded VistaSP1 yet? If you did what changes have you noticed?
Hmm I have a licensed copy of xp64. Think Im going to put it in a machine Im setting up.

sp1 isnt out till march - retail, dont think its on MSDN or Connect yet - although windows server 2008 is

Ahh ok thanks Carpo. So this SP1 is for the selected few until official release.

dont know would have thought they would have released it right away

From what I have read the SP1 download isn't slipstreamable with the original Vista RTM disk for an integrated SP1 installation. This is real stupid to me as now, if you have to reinstall Vista, you will be forced to download all the updates plus SP1 again. You can't make your own slipstreams at home but will have to order a whole new disk with SP1 from Microsoft. Wonder if they will offer it for free?

I doubt it.

pfff - lucky i have the bw to d/l the updates, time on the other hand.....

last week someone from microsoft told me sp1 was going to be released on the 18th

Microsoft only has over 100k employees.

Who was it :D

Microsoft only has over 100k employees.

Who was it :D
just tech support, nobody special sazar, I almost posted it but what the frig, as I've been saying since the first beta and then the release candidates, I don't even think anyone should download an sp till a few weeks after it goes public

What's your experience of x64 now? Word on the street is that it's pretty good now. :)
Windows responds faster, but thats the only noticeable difference. And if you need more than 3gb of ram its a must have :)

From what I have read the SP1 download isn't slipstreamable with the original Vista RTM disk for an integrated SP1 installation. This is real stupid to me as now, if you have to reinstall Vista, you will be forced to download all the updates plus SP1 again. You can't make your own slipstreams at home but will have to order a whole new disk with SP1 from Microsoft. Wonder if they will offer it for free?

I doubt it.
Wow, that sucks.

i have 4gb in the pc i will be getting - got 3gb in here :)

I doubt it.
That is how they are doing Office 2007 too, updates just get put in the update folder. You install the base and it installs all other updates after - SP1 and one other hotfix bloats the thing to bigger than fitting on a CD :(

I heard February 18th too, but it was all over the internet so I doubt it was too much of a secret ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back