Vista SP1 is HERE

Runs well ................however still the plague of earlier SP1 versions....... delayed booting of 2 minutes plus.

boots fine here, just make sure your drive is defraged, and do the same to your registry - be surprised how that helps, i do that every few months

i think i may finally cave and buy vista home premium x64.

anyone know when will sp1 versions be in stores? i know i could slipstream the original, but at this point i might as well wait.

should be in stores now - and you cant slipstream vista rtm and sp1

Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft themselves have said you cannot do this with vista rtm and sp1, i believe i posted a link somewhere on the forums explaining why this is, and looking at that link that's not sp1

Microsoft themselves have said you cannot do this with vista rtm and sp1, i believe i posted a link somewhere on the forums explaining why this is, and looking at that link that's not sp1
i know that's not SP1 which is why i asked when it will be in stores. but it's also not an RTM version, is it?

boots fine here, just make sure your drive is defraged, and do the same to your registry - be surprised how that helps, i do that every few months

should be in stores now - and you cant slipstream vista rtm and sp1

Always have " auto defrag " switched on

thats not slipstreaming. Thats installing standalone then imaging and removing machine-specific stuff and putting it back on a DVD.

Thats how is needs to be done for now it would seem , it is the same result in the end you have the OS fully updated and ready to install ...

im not going through this crap again as i have posted a few links explaining why you cant slipstream

oh wonderful not slipstreaming supported :( that's really kind of you MS for all of us who have non SP1 media. So my only options is to 'acquire' a sp1 copy :/ or hope that vlite adds serve pack integration......
On another note SP1 is running nice on my system, though I have not installed it yet on the Media Center PC, its nice to lose that evaluation text from the bottom right of my desktop after running a release candidate.

or ask them for a disc - as long as you have a valid copy they should send it to you - all you have to do is pay shipping, or if you work for a company that has connect or msdn - use that :)

or ask them for a disc - as long as you have a valid copy they should send it to you - all you have to do is pay shipping, or if you work for a company that has connect or msdn - use that :)

Hmm even in the UK we are usually pretty poorly supported here, the MSDN is a call though, will that be vista premium too rather than just the business versions?

The Vista ISO available on MSDN or TechNet Plus contains all variations of Vista (except Enterprise).

its only the code you put in that restricts the version you can install

if they say no pee in the drinks machine as way of revenge

oh wonderful not slipstreaming supported :( that's really kind of you MS for all of us who have non SP1 media. So my only options is to 'acquire' a sp1 copy :/ or hope that vlite adds serve pack integration......
On another note SP1 is running nice on my system, though I have not installed it yet on the Media Center PC, its nice to lose that evaluation text from the bottom right of my desktop after running a release candidate.

Yes that unfortunately was why it was better to download the 400gb + file, for the sake of a sub 100gb update, rather than use Windows Update function for now..... so you have a copy for future ref.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back