Vista SP1 - has it made any difference to you?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Has to me, both hard drive transfers and lan transerfs - be they 100mb or 1gb are back up to what they should be, and i even get a boost when backing up my dvd collection 99fps on x264.

So far im well happy with it :p

(prob jinxed it now but who cares)

Has to me, both hard drive transfers and lan transerfs - be they 100mb or 1gb are back up to what they should be, and i even get a boost when backing up my dvd collection 99fps on x264.

So far im well happy with it :p

(prob jinxed it now but who cares)
do me favor carpo if you don't mind;

copy a file to a folder, then move the same file to that folder, tell me if it has trouble overwriting the file

I cannot for the life of me figure out why vista has less trouble moving a file to an empty folder then if it has to overwrite the file

let me know if they fixed that

got no issue here - just the file exists what would you like to do

and then it overwrote it - you on about big files or little files - or maybe just all files :)

got no issue here - just the file exists what would you like to do

and then it overwrote it - you on about big files or little files - or maybe just all files :)
for me, any overwrite takes minutes, if there is nothing to overwrite it takes no time at all

I know there is supposed to be a feature where if the os is overwriting a file it's able to examine and just overwrite the data that's new but I think the technology needs to be perfected, it takes forever to overwrite and I wind up cancelling the action, deleting the original file and then I do the drag and drop

Working well. Transfer between external drives seem to be the same.

Transfers are so much faster than before, other than that I havent really noticed anything else.

do me favour Carpo if you don't mind;

copy a file to a folder, then move the same file to that folder, tell me if it has trouble overwriting the file

I cannot for the life of me figure out why vista has less trouble moving a file to an empty folder then if it has to overwrite the file

let me know if they fixed that

update - this happens if copying to C drive - other drives don't have this issue

Caserno

you shouldn't be doing that as that's my side boob!!! ;)

Hey guy has Vista SP1 been to the public yet, and if so why hasn't dropped by microsoft yet?

No the offical release to the public wont be for another month or so.

Carpo: if this site let me I would put up the one I have where he is moving, its so much more disturbing :)

Hey guy has Vista SP1 been to the public yet, and if so why hasn't dropped by microsoft yet?

Out to the public in March

Carpo: if this site let me I would put up the one I have where he is moving, its so much more disturbing :)

it should allow you to put animated gifs up i believe - they just have to be under 50Kb

My machine does seem a bit snappier, am actually looking forward to re-installing the OS with it integrated to see if that makes even more of a difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back