• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vista Snip

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
Wondering if anyone has found out about this, I just did from a person with mac so go figure

Built in screenshot tool for Vista...

Go to search in the start menu and type snip...it shows right up and you can put a link to it in the quicklaunch.

I love it. Hope you guys will as well...

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
Wondering if anyone has found out about this, I just did from a person with mac so go figure

Built in screenshot tool for Vista...

Go to search in the start menu and type snip...it shows right up and you can put a link to it in the quicklaunch.

I love it. Hope you guys will as well...
that's a GREAT friggin tool, I wonder what the run command would be

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
I found this yesterday and have already used it 5 times at work and for family...I can't believe I didn't know about this sooner.

vern

Dominus
Political User
hmm what is the command line? I've used snip and snippingtool, none of those work. I have 64bit Vista Ultimate.

EDIT: So it seems this tool is available in the Tablet PC Optional Components. I'm not going to install that just for this tool. It should just be standard like Notepad.

Last edited:

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
I'm running regular x86 vista ultimate and just typed in snip and it pops up in the search bar in the start menu

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
hmm what is the command line? I've used snip and snippingtool, none of those work. I have 64bit Vista Ultimate.

EDIT: So it seems this tool is available in the Tablet PC Optional Components. I'm not going to install that just for this tool. It should just be standard like Notepad.
Install the optional component and then disable the service. There's no harm once the service is disabled.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix