Vista Snip

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
Wondering if anyone has found out about this, I just did from a person with mac so go figure

Built in screenshot tool for Vista...

Go to search in the start menu and type snip...it shows right up and you can put a link to it in the quicklaunch.

I love it. Hope you guys will as well...

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
Wondering if anyone has found out about this, I just did from a person with mac so go figure

Built in screenshot tool for Vista...

Go to search in the start menu and type snip...it shows right up and you can put a link to it in the quicklaunch.

I love it. Hope you guys will as well...
that's a GREAT friggin tool, I wonder what the run command would be

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
I found this yesterday and have already used it 5 times at work and for family...I can't believe I didn't know about this sooner.

American Zombie

Staff member
Political Access
I still use Snagit as it has more functions/features than the snip tool.

vern

Dominus
Political Access
hmm what is the command line? I've used snip and snippingtool, none of those work. I have 64bit Vista Ultimate.

EDIT: So it seems this tool is available in the Tablet PC Optional Components. I'm not going to install that just for this tool. It should just be standard like Notepad.

Last edited:

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
I'm running regular x86 vista ultimate and just typed in snip and it pops up in the search bar in the start menu

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
hmm what is the command line? I've used snip and snippingtool, none of those work. I have 64bit Vista Ultimate.

EDIT: So it seems this tool is available in the Tablet PC Optional Components. I'm not going to install that just for this tool. It should just be standard like Notepad.
Install the optional component and then disable the service. There's no harm once the service is disabled.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nodee