Vista sets 2007 land-speed record for copying and deleting

there is a work around to the speed issue, for me disable indexing (which i do anyway) and disabling windows search has improved the speed a lot, still some little issues here and there with deleting and such, but not as bad as it was :)

This is such mundane, trivial stuff that other OS's including XP had no problems with. Stuff like this shouldn't need workarounds, Sazar, but work perfectly, flawlessly, out of the box.

Heeter

I have yet to experience anything close to what you guys are saying and I am transfering large files all day long at home and at work.

do you have KB931770 or sp1 installed, could be a driver issue, what chipset you have have, you could be lucky, but if many people have reported this on many different sites and forums then its just not us :)

I am thinking at the time that I had Vista, that this issue was tied to the desktop search in some way or shape.

Heeter

only issue i have now is that i get white backgrounds on some mkv thumbs instead of the film

do you have KB931770 or sp1 installed, could be a driver issue, what chipset you have have, you could be lucky, but if many people have reported this on many different sites and forums then its just not us :)

Now, yes, but I have been using Vista for over a year and no issues with file transfers, ever.

Now, yes. I didn't have it before, that's why I said how long I have been using it. Never had an issue.

-edit-

Using a Via chipset. K8V

any chance of a link to KB931770 - ms site not behaving for me, keeps timing out - prob isp issues like i have been having for last few dyas - also my chipset is nforce 5, bet its a driver issue :(

was aking for a link to the file itself, ms site is playing up here, not just the ms site but a few us sites, if its chipset i might aswell go back to xp - although i have sorted out the dvd decrypter issue, so it could just be the app and the way vista uses the mem now, also i have the drivers from the nvidia site and the ones from windows update - so i believe i have the latest

edit: seems to be working now - just have to wait and see if they respond
edit2: just got the hotfix - will try it later - in the middle of stuff atm

Last edited:
I wonder if the various slow-down issues affecting nvidia chipsets is to blame.

If that is the case, this would be an Nvidia issue more so than a Vista issue.

I've been noticing the issue on my laptop, and I'm running an AMD Turion 64 with an ATI chipset.
I don't think it's just a Nvidia issue.

thank gawd its not just me then, when xp came out i had no issues, others did, maybe its just my turn :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back