Vista RC1 Audigy ZS Driver

kop48

OSNN Addict
Why, yes I have. I went ahead and risked all to try the beta 2 driver on RC1!! :eek:

It's beta software, don't be afraid to try something and be afraid to break it either. It's going to regardless, that's why you're running it. :smoker:

Tweakfiend

OSNN Senior Addict
Ummm thats not for RC1 and is that the RC1 driver have you installedit and ran it properly?
I Have used the Audigy 2ZS Beta driver from Creative.
Did not work at all on Build 5384 Beta 2, but works well on 5536 and 5600, although only on 2 speakers out of 5 because no updated sound software is available.. only the drivers.

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
i have an audigy and am using the driver from creative, works perfectly for me.

kop48

OSNN Addict
I Have used the Audigy 2ZS Beta driver from Creative.
Did not work at all on Build 5384 Beta 2, but works well on 5536 and 5600, although only on 2 speakers out of 5 because no updated sound software is available.. only the drivers.
Use the Creative Audio Console and set your card up properly. Make sure you hae surround sound selected. Mine works, but nowhere near as well as XP - i.e. I have stereo surround more akin to CSS1 then full surround. Still - it's pretty good and the only problem I had was the system blue-screening when I had an application using the soundcard and I tried to test the speakers in windows. It warned me that an application already had exclusive access to the soundcard and that it might be unstable and I forced it to continue and blam! - windows died. It's a bit amazing that the graphics have been coded to be fully shared whereas the sound is still slightly-legacy.

Also does anyone know how to access the settings like these using Audigy? I swear they're not all there: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060907-7682.html

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda99