Vista Media Center Issue

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
For some reason when I close Tomb Raider Anniversary, or Age of Empires III it opens the Media center in Vista(Home Pre 64bit) has anybody ran into this issue yet or is my install of vista completely foobar?

Interesting.

Don't have either of those games but Media Center only opens when I click on the icon for it or, I press the TV button on my remote (and it looks LOVELY :D )

Any other peculiarities you may have noticed?

Ha! Where should I start :p.

Explorer randomly stops working, I get a BSOD about a bad memory pool or something, and my computer freezes when it goes into standby. Oh, and when I kick my computer it doesnt say owie anymore

Explorer randomly stops working, I get a BSOD about a bad memory pool or something, and my computer freezes when it goes into standby. Oh, and when I kick my computer it doesnt say owie anymore

Wow that really sucks. I've been running Ultimate for a couple of months now with 0 problems. Do you have much installed? How hard would it be for you to start over?

are you running anything on your computer like Transcode360 to watch divx movies? I ran into a very random and strange problem where when I would go to open my media center and start a movie or tv show (I don't use this software I'm about to mention anymore *shudders*) windows one care would open and make me turn my phishing filter back on. I've since uninstalled One Care *shudders again* and haven't had that same problem since.

Just wondering if there are any symptoms like that.

Have you tried using a different xbox 360 controller, there may be some interference that is acting as if it's pushing the media center button.

I use a logitech harmony with my components and media center seems to be ok now.

What hardware setup are you running?

:)

Running vista on 2 machines (ultimate on desktop home premium on laptop) only problem is with some old plugins for photoshop and sharing of drives....

are you running anything on your computer like Transcode360 to watch divx movies? I ran into a very random and strange problem where when I would go to open my media center and start a movie or tv show (I don't use this software I'm about to mention anymore *shudders*) windows one care would open and make me turn my phishing filter back on. I've since uninstalled One Care *shudders again* and haven't had that same problem since.

Just wondering if there are any symptoms like that.

Have you tried using a different xbox 360 controller, there may be some interference that is acting as if it's pushing the media center button.

I use a logitech harmony with my components and media center seems to be ok now.

The games that I play all use .bik videos, I wonder if that is triggering the media center to start

Also, I wonder about the video card drivers and Vista.

Im using the latest nvidia drivers and I even used driver cleaner before I installed them

Understood.

My point was that there are some minor quirks with Nvidia drivers under Vista still, at least from what I have seen on the NvNews forums.

I wonder if this might be causing a glitch?

I would certainly fill out a bug report to Microsoft either way.

Do you have a way to run a .bik video independent of the games they are in?

If so, you can try and duplicate the issue.

And are you using no-cd patches on your games?

what i do when my pc becomes stupid:

1. Back up important things.

2. Format pc, and install vista again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back