vista install problem on new h/drive

mac1

OSNN Addict
I had to replace the hard drive on a insprion 1525 laptop and went to install vista home premium, every time i try to install vista it starts to load then crashes just after you see the cursor appearing on the black screen.

I have tried different disc's and even changed the bios settings to sata only. it's for a friend and it has the vista coa sticker on the bottom so i must install vista for him.

The old h/drive was dead so i could not ghost it to the new drive.

The funny thing is windows xp home installs OK.

anybody know whats wrong
thanks

i have just found out that one of the ram chips is playing up, it has 3gb of ram and i removed the 1gb one and vista installed ok. maybe this will help others in the same situation.

PS: whats wrong with this form, it seems nobody wants to help joe public anymore.

bit sad really.

I've had so many issues with vist like that, it's better to just upgrade to windows 7

Vista has an issue installing on more than 2GB of ram. Once installed it will work just fine :)

i have just found out that one of the ram chips is playing up, it has 3gb of ram and i removed the 1gb one and vista installed ok. maybe this will help others in the same situation.

PS: whats wrong with this form, it seems nobody wants to help joe public anymore.

bit sad really.

Unfortunately you're right. Use to be very busy in here but I guess life tends to get a hold of you. Glad you were able to solve your problem.
I really don't understand !

_____________________________________________________________________________________
SeekIC You can do it!

What don't you understand?
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Just like to say thanks to all who replied... sorry for not replying as i had to go into hospital fror a while.. ok now

Vista has an issue installing on more than 2GB of ram. Once installed it will work just fine :)

i didn't know that as i have installed vista with 3gb ram before, maybe it only happens on certain laptops..

thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back