Vista Home Premium - Academic Edition

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the academic edition of Vista from? Everywhere I found that had it is now out of stock :( Reps for any help.

Thanks.

Yeah sorry I should have specified, I want to find one in the UK. Although this brings up an interesting topic - does anyone know anywhere that will export any edition of Vista to the UK? The US prices seem so much cheaper and I don't see any reason why a US Vista wouldn't work fine here.

Do you know anyone who lives in the United States that would be willing to purchase it and ship it? Who ever it is could wrap it up as a present and ship it over to you.

I don't think I do! I'll have think about who I might know that has relatives in the states.

What does the academic edition have that regular premium does not.

Based on my experience in the past, the only difference between RETAIL/OEM/ACADEMIC software is the price, as Leejend pointed out. That, plus some silly red logo saying it's the Academic version on the packaging.

Yeah sorry I should have specified, I want to find one in the UK. Although this brings up an interesting topic - does anyone know anywhere that will export any edition of Vista to the UK? The US prices seem so much cheaper and I don't see any reason why a US Vista wouldn't work fine here.

Don't forget that the voltage differences will make your Vista super speedy as we run on 110v wires, while you guys run on 220v.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Totally. Unless you really need some of the remote/networking/domain features of Ultimate.

Totally. Unless you really need some of the remote/networking/domain features of Ultimate.
Anything a normal pc user uses?
I never use remote desktop, do i use any of the other network things.
I use shared folders and stuff, over a wireless network, but that must be included right?

I don't even need Ultimate. Business or Enterprise would be fine for me.

I <3 the Media Center features - although I haven't gotten around to using them I have big plans to do o :)

I did not have Media Center on any of my previous systems, I must admit its a good way to organize a lot of stuff

Hehe I got one! Zebra Computers Ltd emailed me back to say they'd found one! Delivered it this morning, £60 :)

I'm well happy with that.

I had to look that up - apparently it means "for the win", i.e. it's the best/great.

I don't quite understand it myself. I will initially resist but eventually succumb to its use through long-term exposure. I will then start using it myself and scoff at people who don't know what it means. Well, that's what happened to me with "Lol". And "Brb". And many other new web-based phrases. :) I don't see why this should be any different!

anybody know what FTW means in counter-strike? a lot of players say it, and it doesn't seem to fit with "for the win" or "fight to win". maybe CS players just have a low IQ :eek:

eg i recall someone saying "ak47 FTW!". doesn't make sense :suprised:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back