Vista game installs

Lawman82

I see bad people
I have ask this question before with no answers from the membership, little help please, I'm have trouble installing games on my system. My system is running Vista ultimate with 4 gigs of ram, a large amount of drive space open, have installed games, (Hellgate, half-Life 1,2, Alpha Prime, Timeshift) which are still working, but have not been able to load anything else. The install starts and almost finishes and then just stalls, the last games I tried to install were Code of Honor, Space Siege, Crysis, lost Planet, Shadowrun, and COD4 which I had installed before, played for awhile amd then unstalled it. Any help would apprecitated. Gamer in Pain, Help!!!

That is very weird.

I have Vista Ultimate 32bit, with 4GB of RAM

I have installed and have installed

Crysis, Shadowrun, Lost Planet, Space Siege, Hellgate, Halflife Games, all without issue plus 40 other games without issue.

Can I get full system specs.

running all the all the latest game patches? tried compatibility mode ? tested mem ?

I remember when my old XP machine was doing exactly that (Never being able to finish a game install), I eventually reformatted, and reinstalled the OS, cause I could never figure out what the problem was. I remember even posting here for help.

This was a few years back now.

Heeter

That is very weird.

I have Vista Ultimate 32bit, with 4GB of RAM

I have installed and have installed

Crysis, Shadowrun, Lost Planet, Space Siege, Hellgate, Halflife Games, all without issue plus 40 other games without issue.

Can I get full system specs.
Bman which spec. do you need system or hardware.

running all the all the latest game patches? tried compatibility mode ? tested mem ?
Carpo, didn't you could load a patch for a program not installed, if your talking about window vista, everything is up tp date.
Heeter, thought about that just didn't want to move all my program data to my storage drives.

I have ask this question before with no answers from the membership, little help please, I'm have trouble installing games on my system. My system is running Vista ultimate with 4 gigs of ram, a large amount of drive space open, have installed games, (Hellgate, half-Life 1,2, Alpha Prime, Timeshift) which are still working, but have not been able to load anything else. The install starts and almost finishes and then just stalls, the last games I tried to install were Code of Honor, Space Siege, Crysis, lost Planet, Shadowrun, and COD4 which I had installed before, played for awhile amd then unstalled it. Any help would apprecitated. Gamer in Pain, Help!!!

So the installer itself is failing?

Is it the same type of installer for all of these items? Did you get prompted to install some C++ or DX elements and not accept? Was there anything you have installed or used that you think may be problematic and affecting this?

The reason I ask is because I had issues installing COD4 because the installer asked me to install some DX9 stuff and I said no. Well, lo and behold, it didn't work. I went back, deleted all files related to my install and reinstalled and selected YES and it worked perfectly.

See if that works for you.

So the installer itself is failing?

Is it the same type of installer for all of these items? Did you get prompted to install some C++ or DX elements and not accept? Was there anything you have installed or used that you think may be problematic and affecting this?

The reason I ask is because I had issues installing COD4 because the installer asked me to install some DX9 stuff and I said no. Well, lo and behold, it didn't work. I went back, deleted all files related to my install and reinstalled and selected YES and it worked perfectly.

See if that works for you.
Sazar, I haven't seen any sub-programs as such when installing anything, but I do think it maybe the installer, any other ideas other than re-installing window vista all over again.

Not that I can think of personally. Any screenshots of the issue in action?

Not that I can think of personally. Any screenshots of the issue in action?
No, it just freezes my whole system, even the task manager, I guess I will be moving all my data, to my storage drive and just reformat, reinstall and hope everything starts working correctly.
Thanks to all for your help, will not be re-doing this until this weekend so if anyone thinks of any thing let me know, thanks again.

Most games use installshield.

Look for an installshield folder in programfiles and delete it (it means youwon't be able to uninstall applications already installed however).

The next install should drop a clean install of the installshield engine in place and let you continue the install.

Like I said though this will prevent previous installs from uninstalling.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back