Vista froze up during Automatic Updates

austinsandford

OSNN Newbie
1) last night my vista update froze after about 18% of a security update and i had to use control alt delete to close the system down it told me that it had stopped responding. All other downloads from the net are still working, has anyone else had a similar problem if so whats the way to resolve it

2) How do i get programs like u torrent to work with vista I have tried to open the ports but i am unable to get it to work, I use to use azureous but that does not work either, it keeps telling me that the port is closed, any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Thread moved/renamed.

Please be more specific with your thread titles in the future.

1) last night my vista update froze after about 18% of a security update and i had to use control alt delete to close the system down it told me that it had stopped responding. All other downloads from the net are still working, has anyone else had a similar problem if so whats the way to resolve it

I would typically leave the updater running if possible. Sometimes it takes a little longer. Also, when it says "stopped responding", it isn't always so :D It sometimes says that when you try to "break" the operation.

Personally, I haven't had an issue with the updater. Heck, the only issue I've ever had has been with some games not liking it when I changed some settings. Shutting down and restarting the application (not my computer) resolved the issue, no problem :)

2) How do i get programs like u torrent to work with vista I have tried to open the ports but i am unable to get it to work, I use to use azureous but that does not work either, it keeps telling me that the port is closed, any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Utorrent should just... um... work.

Fire it up, grab a torrent, start the dl and you should be just peachy. If a port is closed, you can try forwarding ports through your router's configuration. Typically Utorrent will do everything for you. I've never had an issue with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back