Vista doesn't retain XP file time stamps?

ScottFern

IT guy
I recently installed Vista Ultimate and I now dual boot XP Pro & Vista and I have a shared hard drive that was first created with XP and has all my files on it.

However, when I go to sort by date modified in Vista it doesn't list any date. This is kind of a bummer because now I can't sort the way I would like? Or am I totally missing something here?

On an entirely different note - Notice how embedded wmv media files don't play in Firefox?

http://ajitmonteiro.wordpress.com/2007/01/04/wmp-firefox-plug-in-for-windows-vista/

I recently installed Vista Ultimate and I now dual boot XP Pro & Vista and I have a shared hard drive that was first created with XP and has all my files on it.

However, when I go to sort by date modified in Vista it doesn't list any date. This is kind of a bummer because now I can't sort the way I would like? Or am I totally missing something here?

On an entirely different note - Notice how embedded wmv media files don't play in Firefox?

http://ajitmonteiro.wordpress.com/2007/01/04/wmp-firefox-plug-in-for-windows-vista/

I use Vista and I see the dates when I use details view , dont get why you would not see them.

Was it a hard drive with files originally created in WinXP? I am not talking about any files that were created inside of Vista.

Maybe I have date modified turned off on this hard drive, I am not real sure?

No its my 2 other hard drives that contain all my images over 120gig and all my backups from years of work and both these drives were not changed I formatted my 1st hard drive and installed Vista on that the other 2 are doing what they always did and that is shares , everyone looks to them for the images and files thoughout our home.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back