Vista Crashes out of sleep

kpdull

OSNN One Post Wonder
New Computer with Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) keeps crashing once it comes out of sleep.

HP Pavilion
AMD Dual Core
1GB RAM
NVIDIA 6150 LE

I have tried everything from tech support with HP - changing power settings, stopping screen savers, disabling mouse, keyboard, network from awakeing computer....if HP has it as a solution on their web site I have done it.

I have downloaded the lateset and greatest driver from NVIDIA. v101.41 for the card I am running. No good.

It works fine as long as it does not go to sleep. I am currently at the point where I disable sleep, and always keep the computer on. Monitor turns off and screen saver works fine. Just can't put it to sleep.

If the compuiter is woke up from sleep, it takes anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes for it to freeze up. This can happen by running any application or simply doing nothing. Montior becomes all distotrted and the keyoard does not repond. To get it out of this locked condidtion I have to resort to rebooting manually with my index finger....nothing else works.

Extremely frustrated. Does anybody have any solutions out there that might be a step in the right direction to get this resolved

I am seeing issues like this posted all over. Dang Vista. Once in a while I have issues with mine coming out of sleep.

Get the latest nvidia beta drivers. its a known issue with the current "released" drivers that they crash waking up from standby.

Mine its the USB devices it loose's them when it comes out of sleep , and another bug is the sound the microphone it wont keep settings in that from reboot to reboot it loose's its settings ... but thats what we get for jumping on board early

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back