Vista 32bit and Geforce 9500GT card

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi all,
I have just upgraded my sons pc, new 500gb SATA drive and Vista. Once i install any driver for the 9500GT card the computer will not boot, goes through the windows scroll screen the stops at a black screen. If i boot in safe mode then it will start but hangs at CRCDISK.SYS. Any one heard of this problem before and how to overcome it?

Sounds like you might be using the wrong driver. Did you select the right one from the Nvidia site?

Why not just use the driver available through Windows Update instead?

Heeter

Hi all,
I have just upgraded my sons pc, new 500gb SATA drive and Vista. Once i install any driver for the 9500GT card the computer will not boot, goes through the windows scroll screen the stops at a black screen. If i boot in safe mode then it will start but hangs at CRCDISK.SYS. Any one heard of this problem before and how to overcome it?

What does that mean? Also didn't you get a warning during installation that the driver is not compatible? Is this also a DELL PC that you have upgraded? There seems to be an issue with Vista updates and some Dells getting this error. I would load the Vista disc-select repair then restore. Then proceed to try this 8915 Get Driver Cleaner Professional 1.5 1.5.exe : rogram which helps you to remove parts of drivers that are left after uninstalling the old drivers. The program is for ATI, nVidia, Cre
Driver Cleaner Professional

Driver Cleaner Professional is a program which helps you to remove parts of drivers that are left after uninstalling the old drivers. The program is for ATI, nVidia, Creative, Realtek, SIS, 3Dfx, S3 and more drivers. First you need to uninstall the drivers from the control panel, then reboot. After rebooting, run the program. If you really want a good description of what steps you should take, then you really need to read the readme file included in the zip file and installation as it contains a detailed step by step description. The program also fully supports windows themes and other kind of themes.

Then get the official driver through windows update or better yet from the manufacturers website. In your case it's nvidia Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
If all is well turn off automatic updates and then do selective updates. Critical updates are of course mandatory but any hardware updates from Microsoft I would uncheck. This happened with my brothers PC once with Vista 64 bit[wasn't a dell]. Not the same error but nevertheless it was those optional hardware updates from Microsoft that caused him issues.
Note you do not need to uninstall from the control panel first in your case. Just run the app.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back