Vista 32/64 bit?

Might be a little OT, but I have a 32bit version of Vista, would it be possible to trade it in for a 64bit version of Vista?

i couldnt imagine having that much ram.

i have a question though ... would it somehow be possible to say ...stack a bunch of flast drives together ... say you had 20 4g flash drives .... and you hooked them all into one usb via splicing or whatever ... i guess what im saying ... would it be possble to raid the flash drives as aworking 80g flash drive supporting say your operating system?

Raid no. There are ways to join drives logically but you can't use flash for your entire system drive. The number of read write cycles a flash card can take is limited. In a year or so some or all of the cards would be fried.

The HD makers are now developing hybrid drives (Flash 4,8,10 gig plus a normal HD). The idea is to assign those portions of the OS that do not get changed much to the flash drive for speed and put the rest on the HD. Not sure if anyone is actually selling one yet. The issues with OS allocation were still in work last review I saw.

Vern
They do refer to Retail Vista in the info. Probably one of the reasons they sell OEM cheaper.

Last edited:
I think vern meant the free (+ shipping) 64-bit media from Microsoft for an OEM version of 32-bit Vista. The ones on Newegg are new 64-bit OEM copies, so he would basically be paying twice.

Vern, if you know someone who has the 64-bit DVD, just make yourself a copy and use it. The media is meaningless after all; your key is what really matters.

Much thanks. I downloaded a WinBeta AIO DVD, used my key and it worked great.

We all ready use solid state hard drives now in our production contollers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back