Visiontek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti4600 ---> FREEZES MY PC...Please Help

• Thread starter Cannibal Corpse
  • Start date
C

Cannibal Corpse

Hi All,

I have just got a Visiontek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti4600, and I am playing WARCRAFT III, and for no reason after a couple of minutes the game (and the system) freezes, so I have to reboot.

My system specs:

Intel PIII-850MHz
1GB PC-133 SDRAM RAM
Abit BX6-Rev 2.01 MoBo
Visiontek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti4600
40GB HDD (Maxtor)

I just replaced Visiontek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti4600, with my good old Prophet 3D Ultra (GeForce 2 Ultra, 64MB)

I have NOT overclocked my system, nor this new video card and my PC Case is open, so the OVERHEATING is NOT an issue. I am using the latest official nVIDIA drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

those cards are power hungry. 1st i would try the latest drivers if you ain't got them already.
Bios update is another option.

btw how big is the PSU ?

I need to upgrad my POWER SUPPLY to a 300 or 350W.

The strange thing is that my system does NOT Freeze in normal Windows operations (reading e-mails, browsing the Internet, etc.)

no my mate had the same, top spec system and a 300w PSU.. in a intensive game like medal of honor his pc would lock.. games demand everything from a pc nowdays & then some.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back